Did room descriptions at AKL get reallocated?

@len I stayed at AKL Jambo House last year in a standard view room (5524) and had a room with a partial savannah. I’m looking at the map now and that room is marked as a savannah room. Did room descriptions get changed again? I see only 12 1 bedrooms in Jambo house (DVC), but there is supposed to be 34.

Yes, we’re in the process of updating all the Deluxe and DVC room descriptions. Grand Flo and AKL are the ones left. Should have it done in a couple of weeks.

2 Likes

Awesome! We had such great success last year with the fax request and getting the partial savannah view. The desk agent said it made a huge difference because we had actual room numbers listed and didn’t just request a partial savannah view.

When I checked into AKL last year, club level, with three adults they told me that there were “too many club level bunk rooms”. The room finder is still only showing one. Are there more than one one ?

We’ll know shortly. :slight_smile:

1 Like

Thanks, that was a trip where they told me that a hair dryer was a special request, so I did not know if there was any truth in what they were telling me.

This brings up a question: I’ve already made a room request fax for a stay in June. Should I watch this thread and if the changes are made, might there be a need to modify the scheduled fax?

Len I booked a preferred room at All Star Sports it’s a accessible room with a king and a double with a roll in shower. I was told that it would be in building 1 but when I check I don’t see any with a king and double. Any thoughts? Also I will have 2 ECVs do they have outlets out side the room where we can charge one because I don’t think 2 will fit in the room?

Hey @joefishing209 - If you get into Building 1 let me know, please. I’m not aware of any king/double layouts there, but it’s possible they’ve added some.

I’ve gone through a few hundred Sports photos and can’t see instances of electrical outlets outside the rooms. (And I’m trying to think of a reason why Disney would put them outside, other than for this.) They may give you an extension cord to run out the door.

Let me know how this goes, please. I’m interested in hearing how Disney handles this. And let me know if there’s something for you trip that I can, you know, be useful on. :slight_smile:

I asked this down below but screwed up and didn’t reply directly to you, oops!

This brings up a question: I’ve already made a room request fax for a stay in June at AKL in a DVC room where I’m renting points. Should I watch this thread (or somewhere else?) and if the changes are made, might there be a need to modify the scheduled fax?

Yes, that’s a good idea.

Hi Len, just circling back around on this, any update on the AKL updates? Thanks for all you do!

We’ve reviewed them manually. We’ve not had luck finding someone at AKL who can verify the entire spreadsheet though.

The room finder is still showing only one CL room with bunk beds. Could that be right?

I’d say it’s not right. Getting anyone at AKL to answer these questions is proving to be difficult.

My experience tells me if they do tell you, they could be making it up too :grinning:

1 Like