Did I study enough?

I leave in less than 48 hours for my 2nd trip. Reading and researching and studying in prep has been my biggest hobby. However I feel like a kid who needs to cram for a big test the night before. In the spirit of that, what is your best tip?

4 Likes

The night before exam is always good to get some extra sleep :slightly_smiling_face:

As for the tip - do not rush, take your time and enjoy every moment! Have a great trip!

2 Likes

There is more at Disney than you can possibly do. Decide ahead of time to be a “glass is 90% full” person instead of focusing on the 10% empty. Celebrate all awesomeness you accomplish rather than lamenting the attractions you didn’t make it to or the one bad meal or whatever.

3 Likes

Planning is done. Now go with the flow and have a magical time. BTW my wife and I are going to Universal for the first time and I am completely lost compared to WDW where we have been many times. I plan now to go with the flow in three weeks.

the tips so far have been spot on! i’d like to add: be present. it’s so easy to focus on the plans and what’s coming next rather than taking everything in as you go. it’s easy to miss the details (and there’s just so many to savor). have a wonderful trip!

3 Likes

Don’t stress if you end up going ‘off plan’. Sometimes something catches your eye or distracts you or plans change. No big deal! If you have the lines app you can always reoptimize and get back on track.

3 Likes

Maybe you are just too excited to sleep! We arrive Sunday and I’m too excited to sleep:)

I’m not going until October and I’m still too excited to sleep when I think about our trip!

1 Like

Have a great time! Expect some stuff to go wrong----weather, need for more sleep than expected, a ride goes down etc. But you will have a great time b/c it’s such a fun place. :slight_smile:

1 Like

You’re ready! I had the same worry when we started our trip last week, but this site MORE than prepares you for a great vacation. We had high/higher crowd levels, but did every ride we wanted and then some with minimal waits. You got this!

We are 10 days away and here I am on the forum at 5:30 am on a weekend lol.

2 Likes

I’m a visual person so I like to look over the maps and make sure I remember the lay of the land.

It’s not a plan, it’s a guide - that’s what I tell myself. Plan too much and the spontaneity goes out the window, plan too little and it all becomes a maze of confusion and turkey legs. Nobody wants that. :laughing:

Don’t get too attached to your plan. Mine was off almost from the first step on our first day and it caused me a lot of anxiety, until I decided to start thinking of it as suggestions and advice and not rules.

And arrive early. It makes a huge difference.

1 Like

We just got back. Not gonna lie: I had carefully planned and optimized TPs for all of our 8 days in Disney parks and our 1-day-2-park Universal day. I barely looked at them! :flushed: :rofl: We still had a great time. We did some things that weren’t in the plans, and skipped some things that were. It was still helpful having a plan - at least in my head - and having thought out the logistics.

2 Likes

Have a plan, but be flexible. Things happen, attractions go down, it rains, you have a bus driver in training and almost miss your FoTLK FP (happened) because of it. Just enjoy it all, it will be fine.