Did I pick the worst weekend to go to Disney?

W &D half marathon. Nov 1-4, we are going Nov 1-6. Will this be a logistical nightmare? Will getting to my hotel Friday morning be hard? Planning on staying at Orlando airport Thursday night.

Talk me down!

Shouldn’t be a huge problem.

The Friday morning race is entirely contained within the area surrounding Animal Kingdom, and you should have no problems getting to your resort.

The remaining races are all concluded and picked up by the time the parks they go through open, so don’t worry too much about that. If you have a pre-opening ADR, Disney Transportation should know how to get around the course, though there is occasionally the odd driver who seems to have missed that meeting.

Otherwise, the Crowd Calendar and Optimizer should already be taking the race crowds into account; don’t get to caught up in the concern.

Finally, we runners are a friendly bunch. We promise we’re not out to ruin your trip.

1 Like

Definitely no offense to runners! I have friends heading down for the next one :slight_smile:

Such a big trip just hoping to be prepared. Good to know about the Friday race-- I was just surprised by that-- when I just looked. I am hoping to take ME early friday and get to MK for opening… SO this puts me at ease.

And if I do catch some runners-- going by I will definitely be cheering you on.

Thank you!