Did Disney retract their Rider Switch/Fastpass+ rule?

It should be noted that nothing in that states that the return time assigned to a non-FP-riding guest using RS will not be significantly later than a FP-riding guest. In other words, in both cases, they do not have to wait in the SB LINE, they still have the leeway to make them wait for the SB line TIMEFRAME.

If i was a CM and somebody was rude to me, you can bet their return time would be based on SB or longer.

2 Likes

Some people might call that “karma”. But here, we call that “Disney Magic!” :wink:

1 Like

I didn’t say it did. If you get your rider swap, which is what we’re questioning, it doesn’t matter when it is does it? I only pointed out, and you agreed, that they give it for the time when the first group will get off the ride. I never said it was written policy and as far as I’m aware it’s not written anywhere on WDW’s site. It was included in the blogs that reported on the change, who had presumably had a press release unless the same person wrote them all.

I don’t disagree. I was just clarifying what it says for the general readership, not you specifically.

2 Likes

Gotta remember , for pixie dust to work, you’ve got to think happy thoughts :joy:

1 Like

There is no RS at Little Mermaid. The only ride without a height requirement that does RS (at least officially) is FEA.

I’ve heard that before! Maybe that should be Disney’s motto embroidered on the shirts all the CMs wear! Some might say it is passive aggressive…but they can just say, “It is just a Disney movie reference. What do you mean?” :wink:

1 Like

Oh…stop trying to get all accurate with me! I don’t want to confuse the matter with facts! :wink:

2 Likes

Or one parent rides with one kid and the other rides with the other?

1 Like

I’ll have to take issue with your 5 yo. I mean, I’m 46. I still LOVE the PeopleMover. :slight_smile:

1 Like

Fantastic ride. As a kid i always imagined it would cross over to the space mountain tracks.

I’m just trying to point out that it’s a subset of guests with a subset of rides that this will happen on. We probably won’t be using any RS on this trip, but we did use it last trip. We had a group of 9 with 2 children too short to ride. We used RS on FOP with all but my mom and I having an FP for it. Me, my mom, and DS6 used the RS. In the meantime, while the first group rode, my mom and I (and DS3) had FPs for Navi. Then the rest of the group had to just sit around and deal with a 3 and 1 year old while my mom and I rode FOP. At the time, this was a once in a lifetime trip. We had no intention of going back anytime soon. So yeah, we all wanted our shot at FOP. It was the only time we used RS. My mom sat out the rest of the “big” rides with the little ones. We were fortunate to have that option. All that to say, I’m sure there are fewer people affected by this strategy than those that just line jump everyday.

2 Likes

This is not the right audience to ask that question. :wink:

4 Likes

That thought did occur to me! :wink:

1 Like

Specifically, (whether or not this should be the policy) because of the RS/FP policy and magic band swapping, I did create a spreadsheet of exactly who would get which FastPasses, who would get Rider Swap off of which children, and then who would swap bands with whom to allow everyone to maximize riding, including staggering FP times so some people had FP’s to join the RSers.

3 Likes

People on here are thinking about which seat they’ll sit in 60 days out!

Thank you for posting that link! It makes me feel much better about strategizing to get more FP+, even though I probably would have done it anyway. :wink:

1 Like

That really stinks… I’d expect them to still give a RS. Scan the FPP so it can’t be used if they’re worried about you “gaming the system” but 40 minutes might not be enough time… what if the ride breaks down, etc? Then that window could be closed by the time adult 2 comes back!

@ApolloAndy you shared this spreadsheet with me, and that was when my crazy planning started. My life hasn’t been the same since. :stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye: That spreadsheet lead to you introducing me to Backside of Magic and that lead to countless hours of planning and replanning

1 Like