Did Disney change their child care center plans?

We’re staying at Animal Kingdom Lodge, Jambo House, September 8-17. Today, I noticed this on the landing page for Disney’s AKL:

“Beginning in fall 2018, Uzima Springs Pool and Uzima Springs Pool Bar will be closed for refurbishment. While this work takes place, our other exceptional amenities will remain open for your enjoyment—including Simba’s Cubhouse and Victoria Falls Lounge, as well as dining and merchandise locations. During this time, brief rides via shuttle transportation will be provided to and from Disney’s Animal Kingdom Villas - Kidani Village, where Guests may enjoy access to Samawati Springs Pool and Maji Pool Bar.
Noise may be heard while this work is being completed, but noise should not be heard from Guest rooms between dusk and 9:00 AM.”

Okay, well, obviously I’m a little curious what “fall” means. I’ll assume it means after Labor Day. I’m not too fussed about this, because I have a 3-year-old who’s going to love the Kidani Village pool, anyway.

Bigger, though, is their statement that Simba’s Cubhouse is going to be open during this time. Weren’t the childcare centers supposed to close in July? Did they quietly change their plans? I thought maybe they were just leaving Simba’s open for this, but I can’t find the warning that used to be on the Disney World official page that states they’re closing. Anyone know? Did I miss something?

I think the Clubhouse will be used more like the DVC community halls, with activities for families to do together, rather than childcare.

Pool,is shut between 9/4 and 12/4 IIRC.

Cool, thanks!