Does anyone have any on-the-ground reports as to how lines are panning out at DHS now that we only get one FPP that’s of any use? I’ve got a four hour slot at DHS coming up — I plan to make a return visit to SWGE (the third of my trip) for general wondering aroundness, Oga and maybe MFSR if I like it. I have an FPP at the end of the window for SDD. How much else can I realistically expect to do in terms of TOT and TSL? Are lines crazy?
I went there Thanksgiving week. It was more crowded than I remembered 4 and 5 yrs ago (not a surprise). We never got a 4th FP at all. And by the evening it was hilarious that the only FP left were for Muppet Vision 3D. But, to be fair, we only had one HS day and we took an unplanned mid day break, so we probably could have done more (by this time of the trip we were very tired and kids were flagging). We were also more interested in ADRs and fireworks than rides; since I added Ogas we had 3 ADRs (!). I would say to check the ride times periodically in the days leading up to your HS time to get a more recent realistic idea. BTW Ogas was possibly the most fun thing we did on the entire trip, very worth it!
What time of day?
In September, we park hopped to HS, arrived around 6 pm. Got same day FP for TSMM.
Single rider rock and roller coaster was 60 min wait. Didn’t check TOT. TSL lines were still long. Couldn’t get another FP that was interesting for us.
MFSR was only a 45 min wait so we did that, then jumped in line for SDD before park close.
I will personally go to Manchester and whip your hiney if you don’t get a lightsaber @mousematt! You have been warned. I know you go like every other weekend but I am sure you will regret not getting one!! Do it!!
In September we unexpectedly park hopped there around 4:00… rode ToT, watched Frozen, headed back for a 5:45 TSMM FP (picked up around 3:00), then waited 40 for SDD before heading back and waiting for Smuggler’s Run and
then catching the projection show.
We had light dinner from the QS in Toy Story land while we waited for SDD, and stopped for ice cream/snacks a couple of times in there too.
Top 10 reasons why @mousematt should have a lightsaber:
- Imagine being the cool teacher who has a lightsaber!!
- If you’re afraid of the dark, you can use it as a nifty night light!
- If you swing it around with purpose, you can get rid of all those pesky people around you!
- If the teaching thing doesn’t work out you can use it to direct plane traffic
- It’s about 1/10th of what Victoria and Albert’s cost
- It’s a new experience that costs ridiculous amounts of money. You can’t resist those
- Calvin will love it and you can get him a little jedi costume
- Instant Halloween costume!
- You can smack the girl who tried to grope Calvin away with it. Multiple times.
- We all know you’re a Sith, embrace it!!! You’d look good in black!
@mousematt is poor and cannot afford a lightsaber. Or anything.
When is your trip?
Ahem. Club 33.