DHS RD suggestions for early Feb

According to my current custom TP, my Star Wars loving family will get to do everything we’d like to in DHS on Feb 8th, and we have FP for SDD @ 8:40, ST and IJ for the tier 2.

Currently, our TP has us RD to see BB-8 and Mickey before the 8:40 FP. However, later on in the day it has us waiting around an hour at RnRC, TSM, and MF:SR.

First off, do the M&G for BB8 and Mickey/Minnie actually start on time with an 8AM open? Second, from liners experiences, would we have better luck RDing one of the rides to save more time?

We should be through our 3 FPs by 11AM to try for more mid-day tier 1 drops. Has anyone had luck recently snagging RnRC or TSM during mid-day? I want to prioritize RD-ing a ride that we’re unlikely to get a FP for later.

The TP can’t account for how early you are in the park to RD, so if you are early enough, you def. should try for one of those more popular rides. The last time I was at HS, I did see same-day availibility for RNR and SDD (not for TOT, which was only running one side as it was under refurb). But, park is more crowded now with ROTR so that could change things.

I have heard that MFSR gets less crowded as the day goes on so I would put that in the afternoon. But might try to RD RnRC or TSM.

1 Like

Thanks - confirming seeing same-day for RnRC makes me more confident to go to TSM (and maybe ASS if the line is short?) and knocking out Toy Story Land first thing. Feels safer than RD a M&G when we don’t know if cast members will be ready immediately.

2 Likes

Sounds like a good plan!

1 Like

I have the same question - if we arrive an hour early can we expect to wait less than 30 min for RNRC. I put a 30 min rest in my TP for RNRC. I am hoping it is not longer than that but due to some information I have seen we can’t expect to walk on?

It would be good to hear people’s current rope drop experiences.

1 Like

Here is someone’s experience with RnRC RD from 3 days ago if you haven’t seen it.

2 Likes

Your best bet might be to RD TSM, because everyone else who rope drops TSL goes to SDD and then TSM.

2 Likes

Thanks everyone for the help - I am confirmed to RD TSM, maybe get on ASS right afterwards, then use the 8:40 SDD FP and have Toy Story Land knocked out before breakfast :slight_smile: I’ll post trip reports next week and let you all know how it goes!

4 Likes

This is pretty much our exact plan for Feb 3rd - except with a 7am opening (Rope drop TSM, hopefully head to ASS, and then use our 0730 SDD FP. I wish you were going first to tell me how it goes haha.

2 Likes

I think you both have a solid plan. We were able to do similar in early january with big crowds and grab RNRC and ToT Same day FPs. With this tier structure you knock out those FPs early you can do double digit FPs if you want to.

2 Likes