DHS good brunch option?

Please could you suggest a good brunch (non-TS) option at DHS. We have Mama Melroses booked for 3pm and will probably have something before we leave the room, but will need something to keep us going. CS or snack suggestions please.

I plan to stop for a cupcake from Starring Rolls Cafe mid-morning. It won’t be healthy, but it will make me happy! Here’s a good review and set of pictures of their Butterfinger Cupcake.

I think they have other good/healthy options for both breakfast and lunch too.

2 Likes

Yes we always stop at Starring Rolls, yummy cupcakes and other desserts. I hear good things about Writers Stop too, that’s where you get the carrot cake cookie.

2 Likes

Lately our go-to “gee I want something to eat but don’t want a full meal” thing to do has been to split one of the dressed-up hot dogs from Fairfax Fare. One of the macaroni and cheese hot dogs is enough for us to split for a “tide me over” nosh when we don’t want a full meal or a ton of sugar.

1 Like

Oooo, good suggestion @mascardofamily.

I was also thinking that the Hollywood Brown Derby lounge might be nice for a snack or light lunch for adults. I don’t think it would be a great place to stop with kids though, and I don’t think it opens until noon.

1 Like

Agree that carrot cake cookie is lovely - you can also get them at sweet spells if you happen to closer to there when the need for one strikes.

1 Like

You can get 50’s PT food at Tune-in Lounge and share something if you don’t want to eat sweets and stuff.

1 Like

You can also get the PB&J shake to go if you go into Tune In Lounge. We’ve done it twice now and both times they acted as if it’s an unusual request but still did it. I guess if the secret was out there might be people lined up :wink:

What’s a PB&J shake?

Peanut Butter & Jelly milkshake.

2 Likes