DHS arrival time

If we want to be at the front of the rope drop and be one of the first in line for MMRR is arriving an hour prior to opening enough on a Tuesday. We have 10am opening and this is for Oct 13.

What time do they open the parking lot?

Recently, they’ve been opening DHS “unofficially” at 9am with rides operating. Here’s an article from a blogger I like EasyWDW about the 9am openings

https://www.easywdw.com/easy/blog/rope-dropping-disneys-hollywood-studios-after-trattoria-al-forno-breakfast/

1 Like

No Trattoria al Forno breakfast reservations left so we’ll aim for the 9am arrival and hope they are letting people into the parking lot. Thanks for the article link. :slight_smile:

1 Like

What about Ale & Compass? You don’t even really have to go… Just have a reservation & cancel after you park / are dropped off. It “might” cost you $10 per person, but you can just think of it as a purchased FastPass. (After you park or dropped off, you can call them. Just act real sad & say someone woke up sick. You can sometimes get the fee wavied.)

1 Like

Well played, they have 7am. Thanks!

2 Likes

I have made last minute cancellations before because we got tired and hungry early, etc. I always cancel them officially thru the app to open them up for someone else and I have never been charged that $10 fee. I wonder if they really only charge for no shows? Or maybe I’ve just been lucky?

I haven’t been charged either. I have heard it does happen. However, when it does it seems to someplace super popular like BOG / Oga’s

If you are parking and walking over from the Boardwalk area, I recommend aiming for arrival by about 8:15am. That is when I arrived on 9/20 and was second in line for the park, and once all the temp checks opened 5th in line for MMRR.

2 Likes

If you want to be sure, once you’re parked, you can always modify your reservation to a later date (more than 24 hours) and then cancel that.

1 Like

Ahh…I’ve never cancelled the hard to get ones. But to me, it’s never not worth the $10pp if we are too tired to enjoy it or we get really hungry early and need an earlier break and are then not hungry an hour later, etc. We will aim to eat there this time. Thank you again; I did this for MK with Chef Mickey’s but didn’t think about doing it for DHS since the parking lot is so close to the entrance. It’s not usually a parking lot I mind parking in.

2 Likes

Neat trick! :wink:

I can see this working for back entrance to Epcot once Remy opens too. This was great advice I will store in the long term memory :smile:

Nice! Hadn’t thought of that! Definitely going to try it the next time I’m going to MK and want an Uber drop off at The Contemporary.

I think that’s doable with a 7am breakfast. I think we can eat and still walk over by 8:15. Thanks!

1 Like

Agreed. We walked and got there a little before 8:30 and were like 10 people back. We were waiting in the temp check line at 9am before the lot opened and before the first skyliner guest made it there. Once the lot opened and skyliner guests started to arrive the line got long fast! The started taking temps at 9:15 and we were on MMRR by 925 Off by 9:30…just walked on the ride. The line was 60 mins by the time we got off and over 100 mins most of the day. Walking is the best advatage you can get right now for rope dropping HS.

2 Likes

Awesome, that makes you off the ride before you can even get RotR. Do they do walk-ons for RotR before 10am if they open early? If so, we can high tail it over there after MMRR.

They do not. Nothing until the BGs are assigned.

1 Like

I used it for the Wave and it worked perfectly. For other, harder to get reservations it may not be possible if you can’t find availability, but helpful for a lot of places.

1 Like

Thanks. We will head a different direction then. Ya’ll are wonderfully helpful!