:( Devastated... Have to cancel Christmas trip

Hubby and I decided a couple of weeks ago that we need to cancel our Christmas trip. We’re only 69 days away today and I just can’t bring myself to call and do it! What is wrong with me?!? DD1 had to have neurosurgery to remove a mass from her skull and that sent the budget out the window. This is the second trip we’ve had to cancel. The first one was back in May and was supposed to be a combo work/vacay and just didn’t work out. I just need to focus on how blessed we are- DD is doing great, the mass was benign, and she’s all healed up at this point. Anyway- is there any way to cancel without having to call and wait on hold endlessly, or is that the only way? TIA.

Sorry to hear about your child’s health issues and the need to cancel your vacation - as you say, the important thing is that she doing great and is on the road to recovery. I believe that the only way to cancel is via the phone. Perhaps try calling a times when they will be less busy - definitely not right after a discount announcement or during lunch hour. Just don’t procrastinate too much, or the cancellation deadline will sneak by you - as much as you may want to take the trip, you don’t want to paint yourself into a corner.

I don’t know the answer to that, but wanted to say how sorry I am about your cancellation. Keep moving forward, just keep swimming, let it go, etc.

You are very wise to think of your blessings today rather than the challenges. I wish my faith was always as evident. I feel like a mustard seed sometimes.

So sorry you have to cancel, but it’s really great that your little one is doing well. Sorry I don’t if there is another way to cancel - I also thought you had to do it over the phone. It’s perfectly natural to feel sad about cancelling and reluctant to make the call (nothing wrong with that!), but maybe it’s best to get it done - like tearing a plaster off.

OH gosh, sorry to hear this. I’m glad your DD is doing well though. Disney will still be there when things improve for you. As far as I know you have to call to cancel. Here’s hoping you get to reschedule your trip soon!

I’m so sorry.

I’m so sorry @SeahawkFan1. It must be so disappointing for you to have to cancel your trip a second time. Hopefully you’ll be able to rebook and enjoy that trip soon!

So very happy to hear that your DD is doing so well and that it was a benign mass. That truly is one of the greatest blessings ever. Focus on that and the rest will fall into place in due time.

I also think you need to cancel over the phone, unfortunately. Hopefully you can call during a slow time and the wait won’t be too long. Best of luck and may more blessings come your way! xo

1 Like

So sorry you had to cancel. I had to cancel 2 trips in a row one time, and it was VERY hard. The second one (which was supposed to be the “make-up” for the first) was cancelled 3 weeks prior due to unexpected car problems. In a strange twist of fate, my mother died right in the middle of when I would have been in WDW on that second trip. I FINALLY got to go on my 3rd attempt, and was perhaps the best WDW vacation that I’ve ever had! Keep your spirits up, rejoice in the fact that your DD is doing well, and start planning your “make-up” trip :smile:

5 Likes

I’m so sorry to hear that your Christmas trip needs to be cancelled. I’m so thankful for you that your DD is doing great! I hope that you get to re-schedule your trip soon!

Sorry you had to cancel, but as you and others have expressed it is more important that your daughter is doing well. Disney will not be going anywhere. You know what they say, third times the charm!!

Keep your spirits up, remember you need to have faith, trust and pixie dust.

So here is some pixie dust for you!!

Sorry you have to cancel. Is it easier if you just move the trip? Maybe a year out?

Edited to add: So happy to hear the great news about your daughter!

Sorry about your trip! But I hope third time’s the charm and you and your beautiful DD will enjoy WDW soon.