Despicable me suite upgrades

Has anyone stayed in the Despicable Me kids suite at Portofino Bay? Has anyone received an upgrade to one? I’d love to surprise my minion-crazy daughters with this suite on our first UO trip in Feb 2017, but the EXTRA $500/night above the cost of a regular room here is probably not worth it.

We wanted to do the same thing - but couldn’t justify the cost. It would have been nice to have the extra room - however the “standard” rooms are huge. We had 4 people - 2 adult / 2 kids (12 and 9). Room as 2 queen beds and we also got a “cot” as one kid was sick and we didn’t want to expose the other one. Even with a cot - the room was very roomy. ONLY complaint is that, unlike other hotels - both sinks are in the bathroom.

So if you need “some privacy” and someone needs the sink - they will need to wait. However you could play basketball in the bathroom it was so huge.

you will LOVE the Portafino

Kids suites always sell out and are never discounted. We are currently in Jurassic park kids suite ar RPR. Very roomy best deal was directly with uni. Staying 4 nights meant stay more discount kicked in. Room is about 450 per night inc all taxes etc. This was cheaper than 2 connecting rooms but downside is there is only 1 bathroom.