Design the worst replacement attraction ever

:joy:
Would raise the bar for immersive experiences at WDW

2 Likes

Combining one of my least favorite rides with one of my least favorite movies… Reimagine Stitch to Chicken Little… Both so annoying. I am thinking the ceiling looks like a sky, then when it starts “falling” you could feel it…
Also change SPM to Brother Bear… The cute pre-story would be replaced with a dark serious story of brother bear and when you splash down something else scary happens.
See the win here is both rides scare my kids out of watching these movies ever again. And if we get SPM to be scary it would cut the riders/lines in half right?

Do they even Disney? A TRON sequel came out in 2010 and the Tron coaster already exists in Shanghai and it looks incredibly cool.

3 Likes

Not only so, there has been rumors of a Tron 3 going on for years. I suspect it will eventually happen. I wouldn’t be surprised if Disney isn’t intentionally holding off on producing the movie so that, when it is released, it draws in more interest for the Tron coaster. Why just have a movie tie-in when you have can simultaneously have a movie tie-in with a ride tie-in!

A few years before Disney ever even announced a Tron 2 movie, I had actually plotted out a sequel to Tron since I was a big Tron fan. The plot involved the release of an intelligent virus into the Internet threatening to take down the entire web, requiring Tron to be “upgraded” to hunt down and destroy the wayward program. Of course, after The Matrix came out, some of my story ideas felt a little pilfered, and I dropped it. Although, I still feel the idea could be resurrected. Anyhow, Tron 2 came out and went in a completely different direction.

2 Likes

Oh, I have another idea.

Buzz Lightyear Space Ranger Spin is re-imagined as a ride in a future, autonomous vehicle. As you go along, you can safely text, watch YouTube, and generally just stay completely oblivious to anything going on around you while the ride vehicles drives you through scenic views of neighborhoods.

6 Likes

:rofl:

This is great! So I would spend a $$ take my family to disney and they would be on their phone oblivious. Sad part is my kids wouldn’t even mind this ride, it would end up being their favorite.

3 Likes

This could be fun if they added in crazy things for the people who ARE paying attention to check out, like a herd of stampeding llamas heading toward the vehicle and narrowly being missed, or a giant tidal wave sweeping away the town as your vehicle rushes inland.

4 Likes

Hmm. Since we’re talking about Tomorrowland, and this would be a ride showing the future of transportation, the giant wave tie-in could appeal to the fear of climate change, for sure.

Although, I’m having trouble justifying a herd of llamas.

1 Like

There never needs to be a justification for a herd of llamas.

10 Likes

I think that lends itself to a ride themed after The Emporer’s New Groove. That can replace Figment. Although, since this is a thread about designing the WORST replacement, the Figment ride has nowhere to go but up, so I don’t know if that qualifies.

4 Likes

The Youtube video of the Tron ride at Shanghai Disney or wherever the ride is looks awesome!

Plus the Emperor’s New Groove is a treasure.

5 Likes

I’ve actually never seen it. The idea seemed so incredibly stupid, never had any interest. So you think it is worth a look?

1 Like

I find it legitimately funny, as opposed to silly and ridiculous. The cast is very good (Eartha Kitt, David Spade, John Goodman, etc), the jokes are well-timed, and the plot is rich. I really enjoy it. My DD7 actually doesn’t like it as much as I do, because some of the jokes are a little over her head.

4 Likes

With spotty wifi that flicks in an out.

1 Like

Combine buzz lightyear with peoplemover. Let people squirt people with squirt guns while riding peoplemover!

6 Likes

Hey! That one sounds like fun. :smiley:

Past this Top 10 List to my 19 year old college DD who I am having a girls’ WDW visit in May. She responded, “I don’t know any of these WDW rides, and who is Letterman?”
What are they teaching kids in school nowadays? LOL

2 Likes

This would be great!