Derek Burgan Admiration Thread

Your last comment basically describes Brian’s role on Pardon the Pixie Dust.

1 Like

Was “yes Derek too” necessary?! THERE’S ONLY TWO OF US!!

There once was a host named Brian
Who all listeners gave credit for tryin’
Every show ends with a game
All the results are the same
Derek sends McNichols home cryin’

3 Likes

Derek is the author of the best Disney outlet shopping blog that I have ever read.

2 Likes

@derekburgan Oh no! I forgot how sensitive you are!! Just a “good-natured ribbing” (as they say on MST3K) I assure you. To make you feel better, I’ll tell you that PTPD is the only WDW-related podcast my hipster DH can stand, purely because you make him laugh, and he agrees with your m̶o̶d̶e̶s̶t̶ commentary on the parks. (Though sometimes when you’re waxing apoplectic I swear you’re one magic band away from an on-air breakdown.) Keep on fightin’ the good fight. Need more c̶o̶w̶b̶e̶l̶l̶ Derek!

3 Likes

Hey, no love for the ETicket Report?

Who?

2 Likes

I just threw up in my mouth.

2 Likes

I just listened to that for the first time this week (think after I saw you recommend it earlier). It was good ! Derek always cracks me up.

2 Likes

I just started listening to E-ticket. It’s good but not as funny as PTPD.

I heard @derekburgan and @Brian promoting TP’s forums on PTPD: this thread, specifically. So watch out, Liners, there’ll be an huge influx of Derek fans signing up so they can post tributes to Derek on this thread!! :wink: (But seriously this was the first time I’d heard TP staff using the forums and Derek’s limericks as a way to get people to sign up for TP. I found it very interesting considering all the heartburn creation of the forums caused die-hard Lines Chat fans.)

Thought I’d also add that WDW Today is pretty good but better when @len is on. I was actually laughing out loud. I enjoy the statistical knowledge he brings to the discussion too.

1 Like

@tgrassey, maybe you should visit the podcast thread? Maybe you can find some love there?

3 Likes

Or Disboards perhaps?

Catching up on my PtPDs this morning. Derek: “What the Disney Security Office calls sexual abuse, I call drafting”. Laughed out loud at the gym thinking, “I’ll take ‘Comments You’ll Never Hear on a Lou Mongello Podcast’ for $800, Alex.”

4 Likes

Hail Comrade Burgan! Why is PtPD so short? It needs to be at least one hour! Or, do it twice a week.

2 Likes

Also add, please do not take another week off, it cause me to hyperventilate.

3 Likes

Yes, no likey syncing my iPod and seeing no new PtPDs added. Very disappointing.

3 Likes

The world could not handle longer eps of PTPD.

1 Like

The week off was to try and figure out what was causing the problems with my audio sounding absolutely horrible. However, both Brian and I are committed to longer trips as part of TouringPlans’ #Everywhere promotion in October (him to Disneyland, me on the Disney Wonder) but PTPD should still be coming out those weeks with some familiar voices to fans of the show.

3 Likes

Ah! Thanks for the plan to avoid future days where we are curled up in the corner lamenting the loss of our favorite podcast!

3 Likes

Derek Burgan? The bass player for Spinal Tap?

1 Like

Here’s an article I did last month looking at holiday decorations at Universal I’d like to see…
http://universal.wdwinfo.com/blog/if-i-ran-the-theme-park-decorating-universal-orlando-for-the-holidays/