Departure morning

Can you get a cab outside the Magic Kingdom, or do you have to walk to the CR?

1 Like

I was wondering the same? Iā€™m assuming at CRā€¦ But you know what happens when you assume :wink:

Per the TP Blog ā€œAgain, there is no auto traffic directly to the Magic Kingdom. However, cabs are readily available at the TTC. If youā€™re looking for a workaround to avoid the TTC, then try walking from the Magic Kingdom to the Contemporary resort and ask them to call you a cab from there.ā€ Planning Basics: Get to Know the WDW Transportation and Ticket Center | TouringPlans.com Blog

We always always do! Our tradition has been to have lunch at Tonyā€™s (stop looking at me like Iā€™m crazy) after hitting the last couple of attractions. We book as late a flight as possible to do it, but even with a 12:30 ME pickup, if you make RD and have FPPs, go for it! One last Mickey bar, one last Dole Whip, one last ride on (your favorite attraction), whatever it is, itā€™s worth it.

1 Like

After reading this thread, Iā€™m getting a little nervous. We have a 9:15 am ADR at Chef Mickeyā€™s for our departure morning, with DME leaving All-Star Music probably around 11:15 am (2:15 pm flight). Am I cutting it too close?

Yea @markfhagewood that does sound VERY tight.

I donā€™t see you making that DME bus. If you really want to do that ADR, you would probably have to then take a cab from the TTC to the airport.

@markfhagewood that isnā€™t doable. As a long time All Star fan, it can tak as much as 45 minutes with a wait for the bus. If you can get an earlier CM, do it. Or take a cab to the airport. And keep in mind that security at MCO can be a pain at certain times of the year.

So, even with a 45 minute wait/commute, that still leaves me an hour and 15 minutes to eat at Chef Mickeyā€™s, right? Iā€™ve done a buffet (Crystal Palace) in an hour before; does Chef Mickeyā€™s actually take that much longer?

Worst case scenario, weā€™ll take a cab from the Contemporary (no reason to go back to TTC to catch one, is there @brklinck?) back to All-Star. I would think we could still make it to the 11:15 am MDE.

@NeedaTurkeyLeg - Iā€™ve experienced security at MCO before. Youā€™re right - it can be bad.

There arenā€™t earlier ADRs showing now, but Iā€™ll keep checking. Weā€™ll probably show up early, too, just in case we can get seated earlier.

Thanks for all the advice!

Hi! We had an 8 am ADR at Chef Mickeyā€™s on our departure day, with an 11:15 DME pick up - and it was tight! We were seated at 8:15 and breakfast took 75 minutes (we wanted pictures with all the characters). We should have taken a cab back to AoA, but instead we took the monorail to Epcot and then took a bus back from there. It probably would have been okay if we had cabbed back to the resort. We did make our DME, but just barely.

Even with my 1:30 pick up for MDE I think Iā€™m going to scrap Crystal Palace. Iā€™d rather be able to have ā€œfree timeā€ with my last 3 FPP and then head back to hotel for pick up.

1 Like

Yes, that is correct. For some reason I was thinking that you were having breakfast in MK, not Chef Mickeyā€™s.

One thought - in theory you could use the Resort Airline Check-in Service at All-Star to check-in to your flight and check your bags, but then take MDE from CR to MCO. I donā€™t know if WDW would allow you to take MDE from a resort that is not your own, but it might be worth asking.

This came up on chat two years or so ago and at that time it was allowed. Iā€™d call DME and check.

As far as getting through breakfast, it depends on your desire to meet all the Fab Five. At CP last trip it was almost 2 hours to see Pooh and friends.

Back to the original question. We stayed at AS Movies.
In November we had a 4:30 flight out of MCO.
The day before was our AK day so early park close. As a matter of fact, it rained and cut our day short. Anyway, this gave us plenty of time to pack, go to DTD for dinner at Wolfgang Puck Express (excelent, highly recommend trying it).
The next day was morning EMH at EPCOT. Checked all of our bags and used the baggage holding for our carry ons got on the bus and got to the gate about 20 minutes before RD.
Rode Test Track 3 times before 9:00. Great EMH. FPP Sorin, Spaceship Earth and Character Spot. All turned out to be great choices. Had a chance to tour WS, have lunch at Sunshine Seasons and get back on the bus to AS Movies to catch ME. Didnā€™t see our checked luggage until the luggage claim in Milwaukee.
I think we left the park at about 12:15 or so. Didnā€™t push it. Had to wait about 1/2 hour for ME.
As always, planning is the key. EMH at Epcot was big for us.
Good luck!

1 Like

The only way Iā€™d even try it is to take a cab from CR back to your resort.