Departure day park choice?

6 park days for kids’ first trip (DS7, DD5) Jan2019. Planning MK x2 and one day each EP, HS, AK. That leaves us with tix on departure day, undecided for which park. Advice?

Whichever one the kids like best.

2 Likes

Are you staying onsite? If yes, is it easy to commute from one of the parks to your hotels?

But really, I would answer whichever one people want to go back to. I always feel like there is a ride I need to do one more time.

With the ages of your children, I’m inclined to say AK. Epcot is a two day park for adults and maybe older kids. Between all the shows, animal trails, rides and Rafiki’s Planet Watch at AK, it would be hard to accomplish in just one day.

FOP FPP is the hardest to get! So it would be good to get that one for the last day. And if people change their minds or don’t want to it, everything else will be easier to get (7DMT and SDD might be hard, but I have no issues getting Test Track).

2 Likes

Doing AK the first day means a very low probability of FP for FOP. Doing a very early rope drop to get to FOP or waiting in standby with young kids would not appeal to me. At least if you did AK on the last day it would get you that FP.

2 Likes

If we have time, depending on airport arrival time for our flight (which we usually do), we always do MK for departure day!
I’d say do the kids favorite though, whatever that is.

Well, in your shoes, I’d go with MK. The most options for kids their ages, for sure. However, since you already have two days at MK, maybe that’s not the best choice after all.

For us, Epcot is usually our second choice when it comes to a second day park. (MK we always hit twice.) BUT, for kids their ages, it probably isn’t worth it unless you want to focus more on WS on your first Epcot day and then hit up The Seas, Soarin’, Living with the Land, Spaceship Earth on your departure day (or hit them a second time).

AK would be our last choice. Since DHS now has Toy Story Land, that becomes a possibility in a pinch.

1 Like

I think the idea you mentioned sounds good! Since you’re already doing MKx2, I’d try to get the FoP FP for AK on your departure day, but if the kids end up liking another park more, maybe be willing to change plans and wing it based on their preferences.

And hi to another January 2019 visitor! :slight_smile:

2 Likes

Do you have park hoppers? With your age kids I’d say MK. But I would probably book your FPP in AK, and then change them the day before if you decide on MK. If you have park hoppers I’d consider starting a couple of days in MK for 1 or 2 hours and then hop to another park to use your FPP. Between 9-10am you can do 5/6 rides in Fantasy land.

1 Like

You can always switch it up, but with DD8 and DS4 in April we basically did everything in AK in one day. Epcot we took 2 days because there is just so much to look at. We didn’t get to do everything even in 2 days. My kids loved the World Showcase, the Japanese drummers and the German trio with the spoons were hilarious. Not sure what they’ll do to replace Duffy bear stamps and Kidcot stations but that took up some time as well. (we hadn’t planned on doing those but once my kids saw them we had to complete them all!) Two days also let us do FPP for FEA one day and Soarin another.

1 Like