Deluxe Resort or Throw Money at Genie+/ILL

From a purely cost/value perspective, what are your thoughts on staying moderate (probably CBR for skyliner/Topolino’s access) for 10 days and paying for Genie+ and ILLs for our 7 or 8 park days vs. staying at the Beach Club for 10 days but only buying ILL for Guardians? It looks about $900 more for Beach Club without LL/ILLs compared to CBR with all the LL/ILL. We’ve stayed at both resorts before and they are our favorites in Deluxe category and Non-Deluxe category. Trying to weigh the convenience of location and the bonus of evening hours with all the Genie/LL/ILL stuff. Kids 11 and 13 so we can take advantage of RD or nights or whatever.

1 Like

When are you going / what are the crowd levels?

If it’s not the busiest time (hard to tell these days…) and if you are ok with maybe skipping some rides (or a few longer queues), I would personally go with BC purely for the location and being a hotel nerd. This also has to do with the stress that comes with G+ and ILL and having to be up early and be constantly glued to your phone - one of the many reasons why it’s so much worse than FP. On the other hand, if you are looking to really achieve everything you want and/or if it’s a busy time, it can be useful…

Have you looked at renting DVC points? Does your price comparison above use the DVC rental price? You might be able to get deluxe at the moderate price if you do that.

You could also do a split stay and stay Deluxe only Monday-Wednesday so you can take advantage of evening hours (assuming those are the same by the time you go).

In any case, personally I think the 2 evening hours are a great substitute for Genie+, but unfortunately really only at MK (you don’t really need LL at EP and neither evening hours nor LL is really worth it at AK). They need them at HS.

1 Like

Good point re: DVC points I’ve looked at the confirmed reservations but never tried to rent points. How far in advance do you need to do that?

Also might consider Swalphin, maybe, now that DME is gone.

1 Like

Depends on what room type you are looking for. David’s has a helpful chart, but basically it’s studios ASAP. 1- and 2-bedrooms aren’t as urgent, but certain resorts sell out faster than others.

1 Like

Just in case you weren’t aware of this…
For our dates, official closing time for MK changed to 11PM. Extended evening hours are now 11PM-1AM. Does that work for your family?

2 Likes

Wow- that’s late! That could be fun if you plan the next day accordingly. We are not going until October so no hours listed yet.

2 Likes

This! So stressful!

1 Like

Ah, I see. I am guessing parks will close earlier in October.