Deluxe It Up - To Infinity & Beyond!

Also, since I’m still adding to the thread, I’ve updated it from Deluxe It Up - 2023 to Deluxe It Up - Infinity & Beyond! :rocket: :astronaut:t2:

5 Likes

I’m going to try this again. Last year none of my info would integrate and it was really annoying. We have a bunch of trips booked in the next few months (yay points!!) and it’s starting to get hard to keep track. I am the trip planner in my family, too. If I go Cuckoo for Cocoa Puffs no one will have a clue how to get us home. I would really like it to automatically upload the QR code or barcode or PDF of tickets for tours etc. Can it do that or am I dreaming?

2 Likes

When you get booking confirmations you can forward them to plans@tripit.com (has to come from the email on your TripIt account) and it will turn them into a trip plan.

If you have hotel, air, car all on overlapping dates, it usually does a good job of making it all a single trip, but once in awhile it creates two separate ones, but you can merge them easily.

There’s also a way to allow TripIt to sync with your Gmail, outlook or other inbox, but I’m not really up for 3rd party apps all up in my email, so I just forward the booking email manually. Maybe one day I’ll set up an autoforwarder to just send Southwest, National, Hyatt or Marriott bookings automagically.

1 Like

I’ve dropped some product info in this thread before, so will just tack this on here -

I’ve had my eye on getting one of these device holders for awhile.
Completely necessary? Nope.

But seem convenient for a trip, plus they also can be used standing on a flat surface which my kids do on the dining table ALL THE TIME. (You can tell one of them was sitting there recently because whatever candle, vase, or other decoration on the dining table is no longer in the center, but off to the side where they leaned their phone against it.)

Anyway - now on sale for 45% off so I figure worth a shot at $9.95 each. Will see how it goes!

4 Likes

I am currently leaning my phone against a clothespin.

That device would be good on a road trip, too.

1 Like

A couple of years ago I took those plastic end caps from a cardboard poster tube and cut 45 degree notches on each side. Super low tech phone holder at the table! Worked pretty good!

Kids were underwhelmed.
spanky

3 Likes

It’s their job. Helps keep parents humble. :smile:

3 Likes

Hmm, tough call… :moyai:

6 Likes

What accounts for the big discrepancy in the total? Resort fees?

Yep!

1 Like

One of them is much closer to Epcot, but is that worth $132?

3 Likes

Oh, I’d argue 127% yes. :smiley:

Don’t have to travel from Flamingo crossing 3 days running, multiple resorts and ambiance to enjoy, walking access to 2 parks, early park entry and deluxe evening hours!

8 Likes

Maybe not such a tough call after all?

2 Likes

This is why I hate junk fees. Why is it so hard to say The Dolphin is actually $276/night and Residence Inn is $232/night?

4 Likes

Swan and Dolphin are rhe worst for this. And I feel like they have extra, extra fees if you book through Priceline - what looks cheaper ends up being more expensive.

Except I just heard Mariott price matches
I wonder if they match the daily rate, or the total?

3 Likes

I would think the total. If not, new discount hack! :raised_hands::raised_hands:

I’d think they’d match the daily rate.

Why else are all the resort fees separate.

1 Like

Because I know @JJT approves of all discount hacks, I’ll interrupt his thread to post this here. I thought it was very good and had some interesting parts!

3 Likes

But some online vendors charge fees on top of thr resport fees nad seperate from the daily rate. And the resort fees should be the same. So I would think they will match the total price.

They do at Priceline. I was looking for a decently priced 1 nighter next week. I checked Priceline, then I checked Chase, their own website, a few other places.

Priceline will give a cheaper base rate, but then add more fees to bring the price back to where everyone else is priced. So their “discounts” are load of baloney.

1 Like