Delta changed our flight...and we changed our plans

I didnt cancel but moved my trip around twice. Going at the begining of Dec. If they change my flights to close to travel date, I will have to cancel. My DH will only fly direct. Im not adding days to my trip to accommodate SW.

1 Like

Mine got canceled outrightā€¦but I had a backup with another airline already booked. Since I forshadowed a cancellation happening, took that as an opportunity to add 2 days to the trip. First day ended up being a red eye- not my favourite- but that means we can go to Epcot in the evening on Day 1. The last day, had no choice with flight- latest I could get was 1:05 pm. So lazy breakfast at Resort before going to airport.

Iā€™m looking forward to the day when flight schedules return to normal.

3 Likes

Yes I agree, super annoying!!

Delta changes their flights times all the time. I have come to expect it with any trip I plan.

Butā€¦I wonā€™t be. (I was confused by your ā€œas wellā€, as if to indicate those were overlapping with my park days.)

I wonā€™t be in HS on a Tuesday, nor in Epcot on a Wednesday! :slight_smile:

1 Like

I just got notice that my flight home in Jan is changing from a nonstop at 6pm to a layover at 3 pm. Iā€™m not inclined to have a 8 hour travel day to a location that takes 2 hrs 35 min when nonstop. Weā€™re going to have to rethink our plans. So annoying.

1 Like

I wonder how many people in this situation will decide to just drive instead. Driving will still take longer. Of course, to compare apples-to-apples that 8-hour travel day would truly take longer since youā€™d need to start the timer when you had to leave the hotel and stop when you arrived at home.

1 Like

My change in plans messed me up! HS on 2nd and EP on 3rd! Lol!

Your plans look like a lot of fun!! My last 2 trips down weā€™re both quick trips so Iā€™ve decided my next trip will be longer, Iā€™m aiming for 7-10 days with lots of ADRs.

ha ha I added days to accommodate Hurricane Delta and thanks to you I still got my beignets!

3 Likes

Yes!!! Priorities. N.O. is its own destination so its entirely understandable. Lol! I just dont want to add days bc of the airlines :woman_facepalming: If I gotta lose days, im driving.

2 Likes

We saw what the hurricane did on the trip home in Lafayette to St. Charles. Even at a 2 I think it was, so much damage. Iā€™m glad it missed NOLA and though it seemed to do lots of property damage I hope no one was hurt. I am glad we added two days to avoid driving while it was approaching and I think they did evacuate some of those areas. I am also happy we got our beignets both directions. I tried something called Streetcar Cafe on the 2nd round as we were right on the edge of the business district. Also, really delicious beignets. My daughter said better than Cafe Beignet.

Next trip Iā€™m flying SWA myself since you can rebook with no fees and Iā€™m going for 12 nights so I need a bag and still free yet charging the same rate as JetBlue who charges. I used to prefer JetBlue but they have started down this nickel and dime path.

1 Like

New Orleans is very well protected, for the most part, as well as we can be. We take the good with the bad, wouldnā€™t want to live anywhere else :grin:

It would be a 24 hour drive for us. The only time we contemplated driving was when we were stranded there because of Hurricane Irene making landfall at home. We choose to stay an extra week instead. Thatā€™s how much I donā€™t want to drive :joy:

2 Likes

Originally, we were going to drive. Actually, we always drive. But it is a two-day drive. That is, about 16-17 hours total travel time. The down side is that this, of course, means a total of 4 days of travel time (basically two extra days) on a vacation.

This year, this was a bit problematic, because not only did we already take one vacation this year, but because our company forced us to take 5 of our vacation days back in Mayā€¦despite the fact that I was banking those days specifically because I knew I was going to have two trips this year!

Also, when I did the calculations, the cost of flying for just two of us versus driving (gas/hotel) was pretty much break even. This made the idea that we would be down there in about 3 hours rather appealing. Plus, weā€™re able to actually utilize some of the arrival/departure days compared to driving, where we basically arrive, check in, eat, and go to bed, etc.

But since this is the first time weā€™ve flown since 1995 (ignoring the one-way flight I did to Florida last year for the sole purpose of driving the moving truck back to Michigan because of my parents moving back from Florida to Michigan), we are on a bit of a learning curve. The fact that airlines can decide to change flights on their whim is a bit of a surprise. I mean, we chose certain flights for a reason!

1 Like