(Delayed) Trip Report - Kid perspective

We traveled December 6-8th (opening weekend for Rise of the Resistance), not because it was opening weekend but just because that’s when worked for us. We had a lot of fun, even though we never got to ride RotR. After we got back, we helped ease our blues by reading trip reports. Our DS8 decided he wanted to write our trip report for the forums. He finally finished! I’ll post it below. Feel free to ask questions or flesh out details!

Trip Report

Introduction:

Me[8], brother[5], mom[39], and dad[39] have gone to Disney World a lot of times. But we have never done Mickey’s Very Merry Christmas Party. So this is how mom and dad surprised my brother and I with a Disney trip.

Day 1 Friday

Mom had woken us up saying we would be late to school. I believed her and looked at the clock. It said 6:40, the time we got ready for school. We got in the car, but there was a scarf on the car clock. When we passed the exit ramp that leads to school I asked where we were going. Dad said school, and I said we passed the ramp. I opened my backpack with confusion, and my binder was missing! Instead I found a tin and my electronics. I told them to remove the scarf. The clock said 4:30, so I asked if we were going to Disney, they said maybe. I got some rest and woke up at 6:45, we parked at McDonald’s to have breakfast. Then mom revealed we were going to Disney. We drove four more hours to lunch and then two more to the Yacht Club. Then we walked on over to Beach Club to see the gingerbread carousel. Then we headed back to our room. Dad napped and I asked mom what we were going to do. She said the Christmas party. After our fast passes for Jingle Cruise, Splash, and Thunder mountain, we had dinner at Columbia Harbor House and met up with dad for some more rides (dad had prime rib sliders at Yacht Club after his nap). Then we found a spot for the parade. Of course, we had to get pins and stuffed animals while we waited, then after that the parade started. I thought it was better than the Halloween one but just as good a song. Then we headed back to the room and slept.

Day 2 Saturday

Today mom and I went to the Boardwalk Bakery. If you want breakfast I recommend the cinnamon rolls and chocolate chip muffins, they were amazing. Then we walked to Epcot and did the cookie stroll, Test Track, Spaceship Earth, Soarin’, and Living With the Land. Then dad got a light-up popcorn bucket. After that we headed back to Yacht Club for naps and swimming. In the evening we went to Cape May Cafe for dinner. The chef who cooked the crab legs gave me a mountain of crab. After dinner, we rode the Skyliner for our first time.

Day 3 Sunday

Left for Hollywood Studios early this morning, mom made us walk. We rope dropped Slinky Dog and then got a snack from Woody’s. Then they opened Boarding Groups while we walked to Star Wars Land. We got to Star Wars land and rode Smuggler’s Run for the first time and the second time. Went on a final Skyliner ride and said good-bye to the magical world. When we were driving home our boarding group was called so we missed our chance.

Thanks For Reading!

37 Likes

So sweet. :heart:

2 Likes

That sounds like lots of fun. What a great trip. Thank you for sharing!

1 Like

Thank him for the breakfast recommendations, I will pass this on to my DS16 and DD6, we are staying at the BWI for the first time in May and will have breakfast at the boardwalk bakery.

His writing is impressive!

1 Like

Aww, so touching. :heart: Thank him for us.

1 Like

Thanks! He is a smart kid and good writer. I helped correct a few spelling things, but really didn’t have to edit much!

…are you my parents? This sounds like a page ripped out of their play book

4 Likes

It was DH’s idea. We actually went around and changed all the clocks in the house. Hid their phones in their backpacks, etc. Every clock in the house was about 3.5 hrs ahead of real time.

DS8 caught on a little sooner, the sun usually comes up before or on the way to school, so it was darker than usual. We tried to explain it away with darkest days of winter and clouds and such.

7 Likes

best trip report!

3 Likes

@ME(8), what was your favorite ride on this trip? What snack did you get to eat at Woody’s Lunchbox? I will have to remember to get some cinnamon rolls and chocolate chip muffins at the bakery on our next trip. Thanks for the awesome trip report. You are a fabulous writer, keep up the good work!

2 Likes

Thanks. He’s at school today and I could answer for him, but I’ll wait and let him answer himself. He should be faster at that than the original report! :laughing:

1 Like

So great he wanted to do a report. we also surprised our 11 year old son with a trip that started on dec 7. Told him we were going to airport to pick up grandparents. Our main purpose was to do MVMCP and all the Christmas stuff because we always are down there in August.

1 Like

From DS: To answer your questions, my favorite ride was Splash Mountain and we had the Potato Barrels at Woody’s. If you are heading out of Star Wars land and into Toy Story land I recommend a quick bite at Woody’s for a snack.

To expand: We actually got a kid’s meal and lunch box tart as well as a bunch of waters. The kids meal was 1/2 a turkey sandwich and 2 sides (we got double potato barrels to share) and a kid’s milk. Mom and dad shared the sandwich, boys got barrels, we split the lunch box tart, bought one extra milk for the other boy. All in all, not a bad price for a snack. Oh, and mobile order! Only downside was trying to find a table. I had actually ordered while DH took them on Saucers and I kept checking for BG. Had to hold the tray on the end of a bench for a while, but a table opened up as the boys got off the ride.

I thought he would say MF:SR was his favorite this time. He keeps going back and forth between it and Splash. The second time on MF:SR he got to be pilot with DH and really liked it.

2 Likes

This was such a great report. I’m going to show it to my son to see if I can get him to write it on our next trip!

1 Like

Great report! Thanks to your DS.

1 Like

Impressive writing and a great trip report! I’ll share the breakfast and snack recommendations with my kids when we’re at the boardwalk in December.

1 Like

Thanks. I tend to be a lot more verbose when I write trip reports. I want to flesh out a lot of the details… but it’s interesting to see what he focuses on. Mostly rides and food! What else to expect from an 8 year old boy??

Kind of reinforced that he’s not that into Epcot except the rides. Glossed over most of that day.

1 Like

This is amazing :rofl:

1 Like

Thanks for sharing! Loved seeing this from your point of view.

1 Like

Splash Mountain is a pretty cool ride. One of our favorites too because it combines the slow type of ride and a roller coaster dip all at the same time! We love Woody’s Lunchbox and will try the potato barrels the next time we are there. Thanks for sharing!

I agree definitely not enough seating at Woody’s at all and so hot in the sun there, since we didn’t get a table with umbrella.

1 Like