Delayed Resort Reopening

We are scheduled to go to Disney the last part of September (our second time rescheduling…ugh). We reserved a Little Mermaid room at Art of Animation. Now, that particular hotel will not be open during our stay. Anyone else in this situation? Where did they move you? I heard it will be a no cost upgrade but that room selection varies. I would like to know what everyone is getting offered. It appears only one Moderate Resort is open (Caribbean Beach) so I assume that is what we will be offered but an upgrade to Deluxe sounds enticing, especially since we aren’t sold on going yet. It will be our 6 and 2 year old’s first WDW trip.

I would call if you haven’t heard from them by now. Yes, you’ll probably be moved to a moderate; there are a couple of options though. I wouldn’t wait any longer to call.

I got an email from my TA this morning. We had been switched to the Poly from Gran Destino for our mid-August trip. Now the Poly isn’t opening until October. She was able to get us a DVC room at the Poly though.
She mentioned that aside from DVC, the Contemporary was one of the only other ones available right now.

I was told our travel agent will have to do it. I haven’t been able to get a hold of her yet. I was hoping someone else has gone through the process and could tell me what they were offered.

I just caught that from above… new re-opening dates…

July 29 Disney’s Caribbean Beach Resort
August 24 Disney’s Yacht Club Resort
September 21 Disney’s Grand Floridian Resort & Spa
October 4 Disney’s Polynesian Village Resort
October 14 Disney’s Coronado Springs Resort
November 1 Disney’s Art of Animation Resort

I saw this blog on the subject.

Oh yes, your TA should be on this. If he/she has not done this yet, I would reach out and ask them to. Rather surprised they haven’t already.

1 Like

So the hotels that don’t have a re-opening date yet… like WL… I can’t help but wonder if they will do refurbishments on any of these while they are closed? Maybe it’s not in Disney’s budget right now… but it would be good timing!

WL is occupied though, albeit not the resort rooms.

the others could be a possibility. I don’t know when they were all due for a refurbishment.

But I suspect it isn’t in the budget for the foreseeable future. Saratoga Springs is different because the money is thee from the maintenance fees.