Decisions, decisions... Cruise or WDW - OR in a wild change of events, Disneyland!

OK, so after some chaotic emails with the agent who is covering my TA while she’s on vacation (supposed to be going on a cruise (not Disney) but her husband tested asymptomatic positive so they’ve rescheduled…she’s still taking the time off) - and my TA who knows me and wanted to run options, things have been (mostly) decided…

Feb Break is set for Disneyland - staying at the JW Marriott. I’ll have 5-day hoppers with Genie+.

I had forgotten DCL had gone back to the 60-days for full refund cancellation unless you test positive/have exposure within 14 days of the cruise, so I had the option of moving it to a NEW cruise prior to Sept 2022 (this has since been expanded, but since I was already booked for Feb 2023 it wouldn’t have mattered) or losing my deposit. My acting TA was in touch with my TA who told her “Don’t do anything about the cruise yet. Let me talk to her.” and then messaged me on FB. I’d actually already come up with an alternative and called my acting TA who said “Check your email or FB messages…” My TA said if I held onto it, she would have no qualms contacting DCL at the 13-day mark and saying I’d been exposed - as she put it “You’re an in-person teacher in NYC. Of course you’re going to have exposure! And they aren’t requiring proof - your word is enough, and seriously, it’s NOT lying.” I pondered that for a moment, but then said “I actually had been looking and there’s a 3-night Wish that dovetails perfectly into my August trip…”

So I’m booked on the 8/19-22 Disney Wish and will head to WDW as planned* on 8/22 after debarking. I put the * next to as planned because staying the full length of time would put me gone for about 10 days, which is longer than I’ve ever left Merida, even with a sitter. Given that it’s late August, I’m thinking I can change the WDW portion from 8/22-28 to 8/22-26 (25 if I wanted to push it) and stay at AKL in Std View, Std View King, Pool View or Pool View King for slightly less than my CSR Water View for 8/22-28 (WL is a slightly cheaper possibility, but we know I’m weird and not really into that theme…Contemporary Garden Wing is a smidge more and location is ideal, but I’m not sold on the Incredibles theme which looks more Value to me). That would give me any existing at the time Deluxe Evening Hours - a plus since I’ve got hoppers for this trip - AND whatever they’re doing for Halloween should be going on, so I could grab that also. (I could stick with what I have at CSR - or even bump it to Preferred View or GDT - for fewer nights to save some $$, but that eliminates the Deluxe Evening Hours possibility.)

So it’s looking like I’ll have three trips - or two but one of them is a two-parter (but three commissions for my wonderful TA) - for not that much more than I was spending anyway. Just to make the decision about where to stay post-cruise…

WHEE!!!

6 Likes

So exciting!

2 Likes

I think that’s a pretty rad plan! I’d choose AKL 100%.

1 Like

That’s what I’m leaning towards!

Someone on here…I think @PrincipalTinker ? …had a great “standard” view that was partial savanna that would be awesome to request. Just need to go through pics and find one - or an area!

2 Likes

I always request 4216-4238 or 3216-3218

4 Likes

Thank you!!! I remembered the awesome pic of the giraffe!!

2 Likes

Love these new plans!!!

1 Like

My DD was just diagnosed GF and you’d be surprised how many options there are! :heart: Most places will have a binder too that you can double check. I can hook you up with a bunch of lists. I just started following Glutenfreeandthemouse on Instagram. She shares all the good places. A life saver for my daughter! And another liner in our group is GF and he really helped her find her way in the whole DLR area. She is now not afraid to eat or to ask if things are GF :blush:

2 Likes

As it now turns out, I could have kept things as they were and had my within 90 days letter.

Yep. My “back to school” test yesterday was positive. Thankfully with being double vaxxed and boosted it feels like a cold.

Ah well. I’m good with things as they are. No sense in reshuffling everything again.

4 Likes

You are feeling ok?

1 Like

Yeah - like a cold with stuffy nose and ears and some coughing. No fever.

1 Like

Did you use a PCR or a home test for your confirmed positive?

LabCorp mobile testing van.

Given that I feel like a bad cold, I am pretty sure it is right.

1 Like

Just curious as I have been sniffly but I am pretty much always that way in the winter. I have taken several home tests that are all negative and PCR testing around here is taking about 7 days to get the results!

1 Like

Wow! Yeah…I honestly figured when I got in line yesterday it was just a cold because my LabCorp mobile van test on Friday was negative.

Here in NYC we have mobile vans and other locations - the turn-around on LabCorp PCR is within 24 hours, not sure about what the others are taking time-wise.

1 Like

Oh man. Time to book dcl before your 90d expires tho!! It’s the only way I would cruise right now

1 Like

I’m settled with Disneyland (though I’m now debating between the JW Marriott and the Hilton Anaheim Convention Center) for now.

2 Likes

From my research the Hilton gets mixed reviews. It does have an ART stop right outside the hotel which is nice if you don’t feel up to making the walk, but the JW has more convenience options nearby. I’m dedicated in analysis paralysis for my trip.

1 Like

Yeah…I think I’m going to stay put if for no other reason than my final day is the start of a cheerleading competition and I’m having a nightmare vision of them taking over the Hilton the last night since it’s at the convention center (I’m assuming their expo and demos will be there). I figure they’re less likely to be somewhere like the JW - especially budget-wise. I’m hoping anyway.

At least it’s only one night.

2 Likes

That sounds like a really wise decision.

1 Like