Decision fatigue - help with water

Seriously struggling with decision overload, internet strangers - please tell me yay or nay on this ha. We are a family of 5 with 3 kids under 8 and will be visiting in late June. Filling and lugging 5 people’s water bottles drives me nutty on a regular weekend outing at home, so I’m leaning towards just bringing one or two very large water bottles and having everyone use collapsible silicone cups. I figure I could keep one water bottle with us and one with the stroller and then can just fill waters up while we are in line.

1 Like

How many strollers

Just one double stroller but we’ll mostly just park it and not rely on it getting us around that much as kids are 4, 6 and 8 so mostly just getting it for when they are whiny ha.

I wouldn’t want to deal with cups. We share water bottles ¯_(ツ)_/¯ because hauling 5 around is never really a good option.

When the kids were little and gross (backwash), we’d have a kids bottle and an adult bottle.

6 Likes

I would LOVE to just share but my kids all think the other kids besides themselves are the gross ones, and growing up in COVID times they won’t even share a drink with me! I guess we hammered the germs thing in a little too hard haha.

4 Likes

I’d probably just bring one for each person. With the double stroller you can clip them all on when not in use and or use the basket to store them.

4 Likes

You could get those collapsible water bottles and do 1 per person. They don’t weigh much other than the water inside. Some you can even clip to your pants.

1 Like

I have a 13 and 6 year old. We plan on getting small backpacks for each kid to carry their own water bottles and then hats and sunglasses at night, and whatever souvenirs they buy for themselves.

2 Likes

Personally, I’m going with nay. I think that dealing with multiple cups has the potential to be more of an ongoing pain and more germy than individual bottles.

The last time that we went, we used individual bottles and kept one bigger bottle (with a Brita filter - as you probably know FL tap water isn’t great) in the stroller to refill the individuals.

4 Likes

Thank you all! You talked me off the collapsible cup ledge haha.

3 Likes

I would give the 6 & 8 yos their own bags and water bottles to carry. … and give the 4yo their own tiny bag so they don’t feel left out.

3 Likes

Yea that would also solve the mom carrying tons of snacks issue too. I could just make them carry their own and that would make them take less. Thanks!

2 Likes

This is what we do.

Actually, this is horrible but I get all my hydration from a Coke / soda at meals plus one or two from vendors throughout the day. I do get dehydrated sometimes, but I’m stubborn that way.

DW always carries a water bottle that she shares with the kids and refills as needed at the fill stations. We really struggle to get our kids to stay hydrated, especially DD5.

6 Likes

This is totally me, too. I don’t worry much (enough?) about hydration

That said - we were never more than a few steps from free water all day long at UOR last month. Is free water not a thing at WDW?

4 Likes

Free water is a thing a Disney. You just have to ask for it.

5 Likes

Then there you go OP. No bottles. No cups. No extra bags.

5 Likes

I usually bring one for the family.

2 Likes

I would still have a small bottle or two to refill with the free cups of water. When rope ate thirsty you don’t want to have to find a QS and stand in line to ask for water. Better to refill a bottle when you pass somewhere.

3 Likes

umm yes, this is me as well. Totally overthinking water bottles. And totally have one kid who will die of thirst in the Sahara before sharing a bottle.

We tried collapsable water bottles a few years back and it was an epic fail. They don’t hold much and nothing stays cold. One year we bought water the whole trip and I may have fainted when I saw the charges. This year we’re bringing the lightest insulated water bottles I could find, but my kids are older (15 and 11) and will carry their water bottles. Also adding Nuum tablets to reduce the FL water ickiness.

1 Like

Ha at least I’m not alone in the overthinking! If you bought online do you mind sharing the bottles you found? Thanks!

1 Like