December 2020 WWYD Re: discounts

So, let me preface this by saying that I’m REALLY not interested in hearing about whether I should be going. If the parks are open, barring any drastic changes, we’ll be there.

So.
I have a reservation through WDW at AKL for 11/28-12/5. It’s currently rack rate, but I have never traveled to WDW without a discount. I usually book rack rate and modify as we go.
That said, I know things are atypical this time. There may not be much in the way of discounts to try to control crowd levels.
So imagine my surprise when I got an email from UT offering me 35% off if I book a rental car and WDW hotel with them. I looked it up, and they will let me rent a car for one day (throwaway, I have no intention of using it) and still get the room discount! It’s over $1000 off. It is refundable…
I know UT is reliable.
What to do?

1 Like

Sounds like a good idea, to me. The one thing I would check is the cancellation policy. With tickets, UT is really only 95% refundable…I don’t know if they do the same with rooms. Also, check the timeframe for cancellation. I have this recollection that the time for cancellation when booking through UT wasn’t the same as for booking through Disney directly. Close, but not exact. I might be mis-remembering.

But given the amount of savings you are looking at, it certain seems worth it to me! :slight_smile:

2 Likes

Free cancellation up to 11/22.