December 2020 DVC Trip

We have booked a DVC Villa at BLT For December 2020 and I have some questions.

During our visit we plan on touring the Deluxe Resorts to see the Holiday decorations and trying to see the Moderates and Value Resorts for their decorations. Are there any Moderate and Value Resorts that are a musts see for their decorations?

I was looking for guidance on room/window decoration We would like to put something in the living room window and possible a tree for our week at BLT. could someone direct me to a policy page on the WDW website or share their experience doing something similar?

At this point I do not know how many people are traveling with us I have plenty of of room in our vehicle. If I fill our vehicle I may need to bring a cargo trailer for the luggage on trip down and back.Are I allowed to disconnect the trailer and park it at the resort so I can use our vehicle during the week with out taking the trailer to the other resorts and theme parks?

We were in WDW December 9th-24th last year. The Christmas season is a fabulous time at WDW! It was our first time there for the Christmas season and it was awesome. Still, we didn’t have time to do it all.

We sorta followed this but over 6 separate days: FREE Disney World Resort Christmas Decorations Tour - Disney Tourist Blog

1. On our arrival evening, we toured WL, ate dinner at Geyser Point, watched the geyser, watched the fireworks, and watched the Electric Pageant. It was a fabulous evening!

2. The next day, we had lunch at Sassagoula followed by beignets at French Quarters. Food was delicious. Christmas decorations were okay.

3. Another afternoon, we toured the Epcot area resorts: Boardwalk, Yacht Club, and Beach Club. The decorations were gorgeous! From here, we went and had dinner at The Three Bridges at Coronado Springs Resort. The food was delicious but the resort didn’t have much decorations.

4. About 3 hours before arriving for MVMCP, we toured the monorail resorts, beginning with the Grand Floridian. Then we went to the Poly and had lunch at Captain Cook’s and then Dole Whips. All delicious. We finished at the Contemporary. Gingerbread house was cool. The Poly doesn’t have much in terms of decorations.

5. We wanted to do the free Culinary Food Tour at AK Lodge. We arrive a bit early and tour the Christmas decorations. It didn’t take long.

6. Another late afternoon, we toured AOA. It didn’t have much in terms of Christmas decorations but the resort is wonderfully themed with decorations. We loved them.

On a separate trip, we toured the Pop and the All Star Resorts. We loved the themed decorations.

I don’t think the moderate and value resorts have much in terms of Christmas decorations.

It can be time consuming to get around and a car is not always the best way because they can turn you away from parking at the deluxe resorts. If I were to do it over again, I would tour WL, GF, Contemporary, BW, BC, and Yacht Club for Christmas decorations.

Don’t forget the Christmas Tree Trail in DS.

We definitely saw people who put up Christmas decorations on their windows and some had trees at their windows. You won’t be alone!

1 Like

The real must do if you haven’t seen it is the GF for the huge gingerbread house. :slight_smile:

Thank you for your response, I’m sorry it took me some time to get back here.

I will keep your comments in mind as we plan on the different resorts to visit.

We will try to spread our resort touring out for a couple of days, I have found the best way to take a car to other resorts is to make a meal reservation and then I have a perfect excuse to park at the resort.

I had forgotten about DS as a place to go for decorations. Sounds like a reason to get Boathouse ADR’s

1 Like

Thank you I have heard of the gingerbread house/shop. We will try to get over there.

Parking at DS is free!