Dec Disney Wedding need resort help

My niece is getting married Dec 1, 2015. It is a small Disney Wedding. I will be flying into Tampa to get my parents and bring them to the wedding. They are both over 80, my father is blind, while my mother cannot walk to much, and NO scooter. They will not be going into the parks at all, I will a bit.

Trying to pick resort. Would like Disney, but willing to look beyond the parks.

Suggestions??

What kind of activities will they be doing while at the resort? Just relaxing somewhere, sitting outside, or staying in the room mostly? What level resort are you looking for?

I expect they will wander a bit. Check out the resort, as well as stay in the room. I am sure they will spend time with my brother as well. Not looking to spend a fortune on a room. Maybe a moderate, not value. If we go outside Disney, I would need to consider what the grounds are like and what is near for them. Maybe drop them off at monorail loop while I go to MK this way they have a lot to wander and visit.

They know I am a Disney nut and they are arranging the trip so I could have at least one day in the parks. I was thinking maybe POFQ. Smaller if they want they can wander to POR.

I have been trrying to think of what meals they will be going for, again with the blindness and no parks I limit myself, also they are not very food daring. I want to avoid buffets. I am thinking a breakfast at the Kona Cafe, meal at Earl of Sandwich, not sure what else. I know they love sweet tomato near them so that will probably figure.

I think Port Orleans meets your criteria the best. Riverside does have the “advantage” of a table service if the plan to stay around the resort.