DD’s 21st b-day staycation!

On the road for our staycation celebrating DD’s 21st birthday! Going to drink around the world, stay at Yacht Club tonight and then HS tomorrow. Will post sort of real time but also going to be in the moment with my family this trip.

13 Likes

Have fun!

3 Likes

Following! Thanks!

1 Like

Room not ready so took a leisurely stroll into EP. Now in line for FEA, the only ride DD really wants to do today.

17 Likes

FEA posted 60, actual 29! Dummy in front took off mask so I made note of time to email if we don’t get pic. Now to start drinking!!

Is the sword in this fountain a nod to Malstrom? We never got to ride it.

10 Likes

First stop Mexico!

14 Likes

A stranger just bought DD a drink because she saw her birthday button! There are still awesome guests that visit!

12 Likes

Happy Birthday!! So nice!

3 Likes

If you get the chocolate flight in America, grab a spoon of knife to stir. Tastes so much better with the alcohol mixed in more!

5 Likes

Happy Birthday to your DD :partying_face::birthday::champagne::clinking_glasses:

3 Likes

Happy birthday to DD! Beautiful smiles :blush:

3 Likes

Happy 21st DD! It looks like it is. Malstrom was one of my favorite rides. DS loves Vikings. It does feel reminiscent of the old ride and theme. It definitely doesn’t strike me as FEA related :joy:

3 Likes

Missed our B&C, tried calling and the chat but gave up after 20 minutes. How can I not be charged?

1 Like

Is it too late to bump the reservation? Bump and Dump method works really well.

Otherwise, I would call back later and explain why you couldn’t cancel in time.

Yeah it was too late, tried to modify and it said I had to call.

1 Like

Stop by there on your way back to the resort later and let them know what happened and they should waive it and maybe even squeeze you in.

2 Likes

A few weeks ago I ran into this. MDE would tell me it was too late to modify and that I had to call, but I was able to make changes using a browser and making modifications in “my plans”.

ETA: I totally misread the post. Ignore me.

1 Like

Also keep your chat open on MDE. I actually got a response around 5 hours later. I got a notification when they actually were there. I explained my situation but I had already modified using my browser. Only issue is B&C is a difficult adr so might be a hassle trying to find availability. Wishing your daughter a happy birthday!!

3 Likes

Finally got our room. I might need a step stool to get into bed!! Here’s a photo dump.

12 Likes

What a magical way to celebrate 21!! Finished off with Rainbow connection. On Oct 1st I decided the lights on the ball were my new favorite thing. Today I decided the lights with Rainbow connection playing is even better! There were tears, I love that song so much!

Then dinner at Chefs de France. Delicious! Our server Mia was awesome! We joked about just keep the bread coming. We walked out with 4 loaves!! LOL!

Watched Harmonious from upstairs in Canada. Not a great view of the stargate but it was still beautiful. I know it’s not too popular but I love it!

It was nice to have a short walk to our room instead of a 45 minute drive home. More to come tomorrow!

13 Likes