DCL to Require Vaccine for 12+

Excuse me if there is already a thread on this. I think this is a great development.

5 Likes

Yeah I feel like that headline is a little misleading (not your fault @Jeff_AZ - they wrote it) because it’s not really them changing the requirements so much as adapting to the mandates set up by the Bahamas.

With 12yo and up okay for vaxxing though I would hope this wouldn’t impact too many people.

1 Like

I suppose Disney theoretically had the option of avoiding going to port in the Bahamas, but that would mean no Castaway Cay, which forced their hand. Still, I’m glad this was confirmed so families can start planning.

1 Like

I posted the original announcement that the government was requiring it on the New Cruise Restriction thread but that did not have that DCL has officially put it in place.

1 Like

Right now it only affects the Dream and Fantasy - the Wonder is heading to the West Coast and so far no restrictions. Magic is in the UK right now. If the Bahamas extends their restriction, Disney (and other lines) will extend theirs and that will include the Magic when she is back over here.

The families most affected (besides the anti-vaxxers) are those whose child turns 12 either during the cruise or just before but not enough before to be able to be fully vaxxed (so basically a month since they have to have Moderna or Pfizer as J&J is not approved for them).

3 Likes

I got the email via my TA from Disney. Makes me feel better about our trip. We are all vaccinated. Weeds out the anti-vaxxers. If my kid were under 12, it would make me feel better about taking younger kids as well.

5 Likes