DCL discontinued testing requirements

Beginning 11/14 DCL will no longer require pre-sailing Covid testing for guests sailing from US ports regardless of vaccination status.

3 Likes

So the change from before is that now applies to everyone regardless of status while before the testing requirement was only for non-vaccinated guests.

Correct. Unvaccinated needed pre-sail testing before. Now nobody will need pre-sail testing.

If this changes a guest’s desire to sail, there are also updates to cancellation policies until some time in January (I can get the details if you need them).

1 Like

So does this mean there are no longer any testing requirements at all? Or is there the test at the port or anything else I’m not thinking of? (I suppose they may test you if you show symptoms during your cruise, but I wouldn’t count that.)

Yes

No testing required anymore

1 Like

I’ll be honest, this makes cruising much more attractive to me. Not for any philosophical reason, but because it’s just so stressful to have the prospect of being turned away at the port, even if you do everything right and even if you have zero symptoms or potentially aren’t even infected. Even with travel insurance, there’s just no compensating for the loss of a vacation.

So now I think we are on track to cruise in 2025 as planned, maybe earlier if schedules and budgets align.

3 Likes

100% agree

I think we are at a place now where we have conceded this is a thing we need to learn to live with and not hide from. Protect yourself in whatever means you have (especially vaccination). And then carry on.

I was so fricken nervous about that stupid Covid test in July that everyone boarding had to do … and I still caught it. So all that presail testing by everyone else that got on the ship did nothing for me.

3 Likes

The at-port testing for vaccinated people was already gone. This update eliminates it for everyone. I’m trying to find out if we still need to upload of vax card. Making a list of everything I need to have on hand when I do my check in.

1 Like

Correct.

Vaccination is not required and has not been for a little bit now.

2 Likes

Vaccination wasn’t required, but whether or not you had to test was based on your vaccination status.

1 Like

For a time vaccination and testing was required. Then testing was only required of non-vaccinated passengers. That went away a couple of months ago. Now testing, regardless of vaccination status, has gone away too.

3 Likes