Days Inn & Suites

Has anyone stayed at Days Inn & Suites by Wyndham Anaheim At Disneyland Park?

Google says it’s a 15 Minute walk to DL and it is reasonably priced.

I plan on staying in March 2020. Or should I look for something else?

Any opinions?

I don’t have any insight on the specific hotel, but we have stayed away from staying in that area as it’s not as high-traffic pedestrian-wise & so the walk to & from the parks depending on how early/late you are can be a little lonely. And while Anaheim is a great city, there are areas of it that feel a little sketchy due to the homeless population/less maintained areas & that direction away from Disneyland certainly is less maintained portions, but it isn’t the worst area either. So it would depend on your comfort of potentially walking a less walked pathway in a less familiar city.

I know my in-laws stayed in that area when they stayed at the Ramada nearby and while the rate was great, they disliked the general area.

I personally like to stay closer on Harbor where there is more pedestrian traffic, less of a walk to the parks and walking access to food/convenience stores. We usually look at & price all the hotels from Howard Johnson down to The Anaheim/Castle Inn/Candy Cane Inn area. The Anaheim or Desert Inn & Suites usually come out to be the cheapest but I pay attention to flash sales from the other hotels along Harbor in that area to see what’s the lowest rate I can get. I also am sure to include the total (not just the rate) that includes fees/taxes/parking & also factor in if breakfast is offered and if it will be enough to replace a full meal or if it will be more of a snack. Grand Legacy will also have really good flash sales but their spotty customer service drives me up a wall so when I’ve come off of a stay with poor customer service from them (this last trip) I have a hard time recommending them. They’ve been much better in the not-so-recent past and up & down in the recent-past. But they do have great rates when they do sales, are at a great location with nice (recently-ish refurbished) rooms and a decent pool/splash pad area so sometimes putting up with their lack of customer service is worth it.

Park Vue Inn has by far the best service so if no one in that stretch on Harbor is running a deal or a special then even their higher rates are not much more & come with a lot better service (free breakfast & free parking too!).

If you go a little further south on Harbor towards the convention center (i.e. Clarion Inn/Homewood Suites by Hilton Anaheim Resort) then those hotels give you easy walking access to the Disney shuttles that run free of charge from the Toy Story parking lot & can be reasonably priced as well, but since we let our Starwoord preferred Amex card lapse, we haven’t stayed in the area (the Sheraton using points from having our SPG Amex card was a great deal but the merger with Marriott changed up the rewards program for the worse so we use another better rewards program now).

2 Likes

Thank you! :slight_smile: