"Day guests". Allowed again?

Someone will know. :yum:

This is wild! I know ADR parking there can eat up a chunk of space but you would think they would have some way to insure overnight guests with cars have privileges.

They could require guests that are not overnight guest with ADRs park at the TTC and use complimentary transportation to get to their ADR.

So day guests to the resorts can mean something different than day guest to the parks. I guess this is where Disney needs to do better at explaining it. Because as an overnight guest, you can have day guests visit you at the resorts. You just have to add them as day guests with the front counter. And you have to do it in person.

Well…if those folks with ADRs are not going to the parks that day, and they are not staying at a resort, then parking at the TTC means they have to pay to park just to eat at, say, Steakhouse 71. Disney would like this, of course. But the guests…not so much! :slight_smile:

1 Like

Where is this info coming from? The front desk on 2 different stays gave me the impression that I am allowed day guests. But obviously there should be a restriction. I’d love to see some actual, factual numbers…

Hmmm, maybe they can set up a way to get reimbursed with a receipt…
ETA: just for the properties with the parking issue

This is a reasonable resolution as long as they made sure to bring your car promptly following request.

This is not a reasonable resolution. I hope they did something else for you to make up for this.

1 Like

I have never had a problem giving a friend my name and room number for entry at the gate. “I am here to visit_______ in room ___”. I have done this in BW area resorts.

4 Likes

Too many people with an ADR who left their car while they visited MK?

Which is why I have zero problems with them imposing restrictions - like parking passes.

And why we laughed when we saw them tow 3 cars from the parking lot later that week (it was the Christmas to NY week).

2 Likes

You are allowed day guests and normally you can without problems., But I don’t think it’s guaranteed that you can. Especially at BC or YC.,

1 Like

Nope. At least they found us a solution and didn’t just send us to the TTC.,

It wasn’t a big deal for us. We’d been to KSC for the day. The next day we went to a park and moved the car when we returned.

1 Like

Yes. I’ve heard this tactic used often.

That’s because there is a time limit rule for the ADR parking right? IDK because I’ve never tried to do this. Really, for monorail resorts, they should make the ADR’s park at TTC and have a way to deduct the parking fee off of the bill at said ADR. Does the parking at TTC fill up? I didn’t think so… So problem solved :joy:

Really? So as a guest at Fort Wilderness campground, I should be able to resort hop with no problem, as long as parking is adequately available via the guards’ discretion?

2 Likes

As far as paying for parking, yes. As far as getting past the security guard, that all depends. They won’t automatically let you in to certain resorts just because you are an over night guest. Some resorts will require either an ADR, visiting an overnight guest at said resort, a very slow day or maybe even a mobile order. I would assume your MK monorail and Epcot resorts are the trickiest ones.

3 Likes

Just in case anyone is curious: WDW eliminated overnight guest resort parking fees effective Jan 10, 2023.

3 Likes

The word “select” might be doing a lot of work in that policy. At some resorts “select dining, blah blah blah” means you have an ADR. At others it might mean “you want to look around some.”

But, it sounds like as a registered guest you can also just give the front desk your guest name(s).

1 Like