Day Before Cruise

As I’m flying down to Orlando the day before my cruise, am wondering where to stay that night. I could stay at the Movies ($163), spend the day at Disney Springs, then head back to MCO for transportation to Port Canaveral the next morning or stay at the Hyatt inside MCO ($216), relax at the pool, then head to the airport in the AM to catch my shuttle or take an Uber/Lyft to Cape Canaveral & stay at one of the hotels there?

When I was planning my cruise that never happened, I was going to stay at Port Canaveral to minimize issues getting to port and to maximize time on board. Also hotels there were reasonably priced.

But then I later switched to a Disney hotel for the fun of it. I had been planning to take the shuttle to Port Canaveral directly from my resort, though I understand that is more expensive than going back to MCO.

Then my cruise didn’t happen, so can’t say what would have been better. :joy:

2 Likes

I like to stay at the Hampton Inn & Suites Gateway right at MCO for pre-Cruise. It is super close, they have a shuttle back to MCO, and it is usually less than the Hyatt.

1 Like

Over the years, we’ve done all three options - stay at WDW (using their free DME - but that option’s gone in 2022), stay at some low-cost hotel near MCO, and stay at one near the port (this last was because we drove, not flew). Somehow we don’t indulge in any “nice” hotel if it’s not Disney before a cruise, so I liked staying at WDW best.

2 Likes

Thank you!!! Decided to stay at one of the Disney value resorts, go to Disney Springs for an early lunch, then over to the Polynesian for a late dinner at O’Hana’s & watch the Boo fireworks from the beach.

3 Likes