Trip report A179

0B9C7EB4-9604-40B4-96BF-12F35DE443CD

20 Likes

You’ve had a great holiday

Thanks for reporting it all

It was very interesting to read it all

2 Likes

Thank you for sharing.

Happy to hear I’m not the only one who showed Mickey his Apple Watch (which has Minnie on it for me) and my Mickey-tattoo and enjoyed how excited he was :wink:

Have a save journey home.

3 Likes

Aw man, I’m sorry that the Halloween party was a washout for you. When you spend that much on a “party” and all the extras are either delayed or cancelled it becomes extremely frustrating extremely fast. Did you at least score some candy beyond the original entry one?

Your comment about Small World’s “newness” is definitely something I noticed as well and I fully agree. With as many people that go through the rides and streets on a daily basis, the lack of “wear and tear” on everything in the parks is astounding and one of the little things that make a huge impact that sets Disney apart from just about everywhere else. The unsung heroes who make that happen should be recognized more often.

Hope your overall trip was considered wonderful and have a safe trip home!

2 Likes

Thank you for writing another installment! Safe travels home.

3 Likes

Another great trip report. And I am so happy to hear you went with the flow and soldiered on, even when things didn’t go as planned.

2 Likes

Thanks for sharing your trip with us!!

1 Like

DW and I LOL’d at that! :smiley:

Thanks for the report, was fun to read. Stinks your party night was rained out.
Overall your trip sounded mostly great, though!

1 Like

Thanks for the new installment…sorry the party was a bust…but glad you had a great trip overall…
Safe travels…and will be looking forward to your final summary…

Oh I’m sorry the party was a washout for you. Glad to have gotten to read about your trip after all of the planning you did!! We head to the World in just over a week and I’ve been getting so excited by reading about everyone else’s trips!

I loved reading about your planning process and your trip. Safe travels home!

1 Like

I understand your feelings. My husband took me to Disneyland on February. It was a Christmas gift to get my mind off the chemo. I got my final treatment a couple of days after Christmas.

We were going the Final weekend of February. I was going to sunny California and leaving the Pennsylvania winter.

I was so thankful I had my down vest and Columbia jacket. It was Cold. It also rained and by the time we came home, California no longer was in a drought. I was happy I had left my gloves in the pockets of my jacket.

I still need to go back to see sunny California. It is so nice to walk from one park to another. I was happy with what we saw.

3 Likes

You really DO need to go back. I have been “cold” there on winter visits, but I have to say that in the 40 or 50 days over the past 30-plus years I’ve been there, I’ve only had rain once, it was barely a sprinkle. I certainly can NOT say the same for WDW…

1 Like

loved reading. Shame about the party, hope you got some candy for the flight home. sounds like a great trip.

1 Like

It was raining and 45° at the end of February. Since it was a slow time, many rides were closed. I.liked some of their rides better. Did Nemo and Mr. Toad’s since no longer in WDW. Cast members had wool coats on and gloves. The first day it drizzled and I had fleece and down vest on. It poured the other two days.

1 Like

Sorry to hear about CRT. I’ve tried my best to convey what it’s like when others have asked on the forum, with some major caveats. Your characterization of it as a factory is fair. I know this is possibly your only trip to WDW, so I understand why you booked it. Without kids, I’d never bother. I hope you got a chuckle out of possibly being taken for a creep. It’s all in the presentation of the gift I suppose!

2 Likes

Yep, we were seated in the Suckfest room as well!
Loved reading your reports and totally enjoyed your sense of humor!
Thanks for taking us along - from the planning to the daily details of your adventures!
I felt the magic!

1 Like