Date night suggestions

Having a couple of date nights at WDW in Sept 2019. One will be sunday over Labor day and the other will be Fri the 13th.

For the sunday night, we both want to do Boma’s and walk around AKL.

For the friday night, we are still deciding (and ADR date will be coming up). i thought about FF and then heading over to JR but the cost is perhaps a bit more that I want. We don’t need “signature” dining and don’t have any issue going cheaper. I have had cheap dining experiences that had great food and expensive dining places that were so-so.

we also like “experiences”. Thoughts are maybe Trader Sams, Ohana and walk on beach at poly and watch MK fireworks. Could do winter/summerland mini golf + some other nearby resort or DS restaurants. Really kind of open

Any places y’all like or hidden gems? Something unique to WDW? Only requirement is no park entry. We will have a car.

I am interested in y’all’s input.

Would you consider MNSSHP?..there is one on Friday 13th.
Sorry just read no park entry…but you could get just a party ticket.

@Welsh_Dragon no i wasn’t. something outside parks.

1 Like

What about a wine tasting at Wine Bar George? They have some amazing wines by the ounce .:wine_glass:

1 Like

Seen that on dfb guide. seems interesting. put that on list of options, but not sold on it. like to drink wine, but typically like the harder stuff more :cocktail: :tropical_drink:

1 Like

Www couple and Mr Morrow did a Broadwalk bar crawl vlog which looked fun ( they have a monorail one too).

1 Like

We did a vegas one. interesting people…er…uh…went to cool places though Will look that up per your mention. Any other activities?

We could go earlier in day, perhaps rent a boat or something?

Thanks!

1 Like

The wife and I make it a point to go to Trader Sam’s every time we go to Disney. Love their drinks, they only serve appetizers which are so so. We like Ohana, but the food comes out fast and furious, and they don’t replace your plate between courses. We’re fans of Art Smith’s Homecomin and Sanaa, which for Disney is relatively cheap. On the very expensive side, we love California Grill and Victoria&Albert’s. We’re going for the first time this year to Boathouse, which still gets really good reviews. Regardless of what you choose have a great time

1 Like

How about trying Jaleo in Disney Springs, which will be open by then? They’ll be doing a few different tasting menus which all look amazing! Afterwards you could go bar hopping and take in some of the live entertainment. :slight_smile:

2 Likes

What about doing a crawl along the monorail and then ending at Contemporary to watch fireworks on the 4th floor balcony if available. Otherwise watch from TTC or Poly beach.

You could go to Cali Grill loving to start as well and that would get you access to watch from top of Contimpotary.

1 Like

I can recommend an evening at the Poly, it would be a good place to park, then start and finish your monorail exploration. Next trip we hope to try Cali grill and an evening around the Broadwalk, ending up at Jelly rolls. I would love to spend an evening at AKL, it hasn’t made the cut for the next trip, but that’s only because it’s further away and I hope we’ll stay there someday.

1 Like

I can’t wait to try this? Showing on WDW site as coming soon and not on DDP.

On our last trip, we did a date night at Trader Sam’s and 'Ohana–it was a great time! I loved the intimacy and fun (and drinks!) at Trader Sam’s, and then we were able to see Happily Ever After from our dinner table at 'Ohana.

1 Like