Data-Driven Counter Service Recommendations

I have never had any interest in even trying the menu here. We are huge Tusker House fans and usually will do a super early snacky breakfast w/ a late brunch at TH. Dinner is usually somewhere outside of AK.

This trip, dd and I are excited to try Yak & Yeti. I am still trying to figure out which of the amazing sounding menu items I will try there. The bowls at Satu’li don’t look near as appetizing as Y&Y meals and I have read far too many poor reviews of the cheeseburger pods to even consider them!

2 Likes

I too have zero interest in Satuli. The idea of basically deli meat on noodles, potatoes or rice with beans and a sauce that seems more like salad dressing is a hard nope. Like a Chipotle burrito bowl gone horribly wrong.

4 Likes

I can see my friend Tommy Two Shoes is going to be very busy …discussing things… with some of you in this thread.

1 Like

If you liked Satuli Canteen, … try the new menu at the ABC Commissary in HS!

(I’ve been taking notes about where “fresh” bowls are. I just discovered the art of bowl-making. Rice, protein, veggies, and a sauce = potentially low-cal yummers!)

1 Like

It’s so funny that these are all the rage now.

I’ve been eating them for years - spread out across a dinner plate with each element in it’s own “pile” :laughing:

4 Likes

I know, right?! But mix it up in a bowl and it’s totally new to me.

I’m pretty easily entertained. :smiley:

1 Like

It’s not just you! The whole WORLD is in love with fresh bowls these days LOL

1 Like

This has been good convo. And some people have matched up pretty closely with what the data says (I’m not going to spoil who it was). Round 2!

If your friend came up to you and told you that they really loved Ronto Roasters, what other CS locations (anywhere on property) would you tell them to try next?

If your friend came up to you and told you that they really loved Docking Bay 7, what other CS locations (anywhere on property) would you tell them to try next?

Would they be similar suggestions? Different ones?

1 Like

I can’t answer this one either! We just missed SWGE opening.

1 Like

Now I’m really curious about this article.

Ronto is a weird one because it is pretty simple overall. I’d probably suggest DB7, almost as a step up on the Star Wars theming. If you like Ronto though, you’d probably like Casey’s.

DB7 would lead you back to Satu’li. I’d probably also suggest Sunshine Seasons and the Muppet BBQ place (the ribs are my favorite at DB7, so I’m biased). Even among QS there are definite tiers of quality so I find myself suggesting a step up, but not the step down.

2 Likes

HA!!! You mean Regal Eagle? Another laugh. Thank you.

3 Likes

Thank you for clarifying. I had no idea what @feep was talking about. Thought his head was extra airy this afternoon. #baymax

4 Likes

That’s the one. Just drew a complete blank for some reason.

2 Likes

I just thought it was another new restaurant that I hadn’t heard of yet! :slight_smile:

Ok, let’s try some EPCOT. Maybe we’ll get some more familiarity there.

What about Les Halles?

Or Kringla Bakeri og Kafe?

And this is where I falter. These are on my to-do list, but I’m mostly unfamiliar with them.

I’d have suggested Starring Rolls in the past - I still miss it.

My DD18 has a discerning palate, loves to cook, I guess I would call her a foodie? She LOVED Satuli Canteen. Made me wish we had tried it last August, but I was looking for air conditioning. I liked it a lot too. I’ll have to ask her if she would rank it above DB7 which she also loves.

2 Likes

:shushing_face::raised_hand::raising_hand_man:

(Me too. Don’t tell @sanstitre_has_left_the_building.)

3 Likes

OK, um… I’m not sure anything compares to Les Halles. Because French food. So, “If you like Les Halles, you’ll love Normandy! In France. The country. Across the Atlantic Ocean.”

As for Kringla, I’m tempted to say Amorette’s Patisserie because they’re both bakeries, but again, Kringla is Norwaydish. And Amorette’s is Franceish. So, “If you like Kringla Bakeri og Kafe, you’ll love Starbucks! In Norway. Part of Europe. Again, across the Atlantic Ocean.”

:grimacing: Sorry I can’t do better!

4 Likes