Data-Driven Counter Service Recommendations

New blog post is going to drop tomorrow covering counter service satisfaction correlations (if I like restaurant X, I am more likely to enjoy restaurant Y). So let’s see if human recommendations align with what the data says. We’ll start off with three of the top-rated CS spots at Animal Kingdom.

If your friend came up to you and told you that they really loved Creature Comforts, what other CS locations (anywhere on property) would you tell them to try next?

If your friend came up to you and told you that they really loved Tamu Tamu, what other CS locations (anywhere on property) would you tell them to try next?

If your friend came up to you and told you that they really loved Satu’li Canteen, what other CS locations (anywhere on property) would you tell them to try next?

If these are fun, I can drop top three from other parks/DS/resorts later today, and then you’ll see what the data says tomorrow.

4 Likes

Main Street Bakery
Trolly Car Cafe
That Weird Location For Starbucks In Epcot Since They Ruined Future World
Both Starbucks Locations at Disney Springs

Aloha Isle
Sunshine Tree Terrace
Storybook Treats
Pineapple Lanai
That Food Booth In Epcot During The Festivals

Oooh this one is tougher…

That gave me a good chuckle. Thank you :laughing:

2 Likes

I agree, if they opted for Starbucks, that is probably what they want elsewhere too.

I would add sleepy hallow to the tamu tamu options.

Satu’li canteen:. Flame tree is in the same class for that park, so a good option. EPCOT has lots of QS around the world showcase. MK doesn’t really have anything at this level. HS, Docking Bay 7, scratches the theme itch and offers something slightly non-standard.

1 Like

No. That’s not fair. I won’t have it. I must speak out.

They ruined World Showcase, too. Well, the lagoon and all the views at least.

This is also true but that is not what necessitated the relocation of Starbucks, which was kind of my point.

1 Like

I’m now bothered by the fact that I haven’t eaten at Creature Comforts, Tamu Tamu, nor Satu’li Canteen.

3 Likes

I haven’t either.

1 Like

If you’ve ever had Starbucks you’ve eaten at Creature Comforts

If you’ve ever had a dole whip you’ve eaten at Tamu Tamu

Why do you two make it so hard for me to like you?

How can you not have eaten at Satu’li Canteen? It’s the best QS on property and it’s not even close. It’s the restaurant I’ve eaten at the most — it’s the only one I’ve eaten at every single trip.

2 Likes

Ah. Putting this together…the only time I had Dole Whip was when I was passing by the food booth at Epcot during the festivals and got one for everyone to sample. :slight_smile:

What? How is that even a thing?

Have you actually ever been to WDW?

1 Like

I never really do QS at AK. We’ve done TH brunch and then hopped to Boma for dinner for example. And the food at Satuli doesn’t appeal to me at all. I’m a fussy eater.

1 Like

I know. But truth be told, I found Dole Whip very…meh. Would never get it again. I don’t understand all the fuss. Now…I COULD see Dole Whip being mixed into other things. Maybe then it would be good…because of the other things.

It is like…I don’t really like drinking pineapple juice…but if you mix some into orange juice, it is delicious.

1 Like

It’s meat! In sauce! With potatoes! What’s not to like?

Back when the DDP (and happiness) was a thing, I always went for the pineapple upside-down cake with Dole Whip at Aloha Isle. One snack credit. And a festival of deliciousness. And basically just fruit, so super good for you.

2 Likes

These two statements contradict each other. TH is full of weird foreign stuff.

1 Like

It’s possible that this thread is not panning out the way @rgandillon hoped.

2 Likes

I didn’t eat the weird foreign stuff. But my DH did.

“weird foreig”— You’re in America… IT IS ALL FOREIGN FOOD TO YOU !!!

5 Likes

This is my favorite way to eat Dole Whip, and I’m still salty that they haven’t brought it back.