DAS question and rider swap

I will be the DAS rider in my party of two adults and one child. If I ask for a DAS return on a ride thats for the two adults only, can we still use rider switch?

Is there any point doing that? Say you want to do RnRC and the standby was 40 mins, your DAS return would be 30 mins and then you’d have to wait for the first person to ride and then the second would ride, so they might wait an extra 30 mins. They might as well have ridden standby when they first got there mightn’t they?

I’m only thinking out loud as it were, I don’t know the answer.

ETA I suppose if it was FOP and standby was 150 minutes it would make a lot of sense.

Okay I see what you are saying. But can it be done, IE DAS and rider switch?

I don’t know. As I said, I was just thinking out loud, or in black and white, I don’t know the answer. I’ve never seen the question before.

1 Like

found out the answer to my own questions so have posted in case it helps someone else

Disney state

You can certainly make use of both Rider Switch and Disability Access Service (DAS). However, for the latter, please keep in mind that the DAS Cardholder must board the attraction with his or her party. Therefore, it is not possible to obtain a DAS return time if the DAS Cardholder is also the Rider Switch service non-rider. If the non-rider is not the DAS Cardholder, you may obtain Rider Switch and DAS return times. Also, please keep in mind you can combine both the DAS and Rider Switch with FastPass+ too.

so thats good

3 Likes

Just so you know the moms panel is notalways 100% corect, they are wrong some times at the bottom of the page it says
Panelists have received/will receive a Walt Disney World® Resort or Disneyland® Resort vacation for panelist and up to three family members and/or park tickets for their participation on the Disney Parks Moms Panel. The views expressed in the Panel are those of the panelists, who are independent contractors. These views are not intended to reflect the opinions of Disney Destinations, its affiliates, its management, its agents or its employees and have not been reviewed or approved by Disney Destinations prior to posting.

So I would not take anything the mom panel say with a grain of salt

But to answer your question I am pretty sure you can,