DAS Process Experience

I just completed the DAS process for our trip week after next. Ours is a last minute trip, but if you can, I would recommend completing it as close to 30 days out as possible. There were a couple of rides that we couldn’t get pre-selection for, as they only allot a certain # of return windows, and they were already gone.
Otherwise, though, it was a quick and easy process. It took about 30 minutes total, and the CMs we interacted with were super-nice!

4 Likes

This is great info. Thanks so much for sharing.

1 Like

I’ve read stories online of some people waiting hours. Good to know that isn’t always the case.

1 Like

The window before you click through to set up video chat had a warning flag that due to high volume, it might be best to check back later. As such, I was prepared for a slog, but I would ignore that message if it shows up when you log in.

3 Likes

Thank you for the information. I have to do this soon. I’m rather nervous about the process. When we did this is person my son’s anxiety was very obvious as he nervously paced the room waiting for our turn. I’m not sure how that will translate on a video call.

2 Likes

I was alone on the video call with them except for when they needed to take my son’d picture(10 seconds). He didn’t have to be there the entire call. I just called him in for that part. They were very easy to talk to. Please don’t stress! It was really easy:)

2 Likes

So your DAS qualifying child has to be there on the zoom call too?

1 Like

Just for the few seconds that it takes for them to snap a picture. My son was in and out of the room in a jiffy.

2 Likes

My “child” is 18 though so I suspect he’ll have to be there but it is good to know they are easy to talk to.

We actually never used DAS when there was FPP because I was really good at getting what he wanted to ride and he doesn’t have a lot that he rides so I could always make it work. We got it for the first time when FPP was gone.

Do you know if DAS allows repeat rides? He skips a lot of rides but his favorites he wants to ride over and over again.

1 Like

Same! When FPP was around, we could plan around lines without the das, so waiting in line at GS to prove that he couldn’t wait in lines wasn’t absolutely necessary. I think that they would probably still let you do most of the video part even if he is 18. Of the 30 minutes, that part was probably about 10. The process broke down into 3 parts:

1. Answer a few basic questions in chat.
  2. They send a link in chat for video chat. Ask why you need DAS. Take picture. Give some information on how to use.
  3. They transfer you back to chat(different CM) to choose your pre-selection. I had my typed out in my phone notes ahead of time, and just copied and pasted into the chat. Adjusted for the ones that were not available.
    Done:)
2 Likes

You can request a return window for a specific ride as many times as you want, so re-rides should be no problem! You can’t choose one ride twice for you pre-selection, though.

2 Likes

Thank you so much for outlining the process! It helps a lot to know what to expect and will be especially helpful for my son to know what to expect.

I guess I’ll be good to ride Space, Test Track and Everest multiple times with him. Yay me?? :joy:

2 Likes

Awwww…you’ll be fine. I don’t remember from y’all’s trip report if you are prone to motion sickness, but just make sure all of your adult beverages have ginger beer in them and you should be good🤣

1 Like

:joy::rofl::joy:

Nah, I’m good but I do feel a little beat up after too many rides on Space, which is his favorite!

Years ago, I rode Everest 7 times in one morning with him. I’m not sure I could do that again. I’m getting old :grimacing:

1 Like

This is really great to hear! I have to do this in a few weeks and am feeding it because of the stories I have heard. So nice to hear someone didn’t wait on hold for hours. Do you mind me asking what time of day/week day you called?

2 Likes

Thank you for sharing. I need to go through the process for two of my boys before our trip in May, and I am already overwhelmed with the planning. It has been so long since we have been in the parks, and I’m hoping this part of it won’t be too intimidating. It’s encouraging to hear positive experiences.

1 Like

I called on Saturday at about 2pm.

1 Like

Thank you! I would have thought that would have been one of the really busy times so that is great to hear.