Dark Side 10k questions

We will be arriving Thursday the 14th probably late. Plan is to go to ESPN for expo and pickup packet on Friday. We have only participated in a 5k so not familiar with ESPN or what else to expect at this event. Previously we had picked up packets on race morning. Also starting to consider ADRs. Not sure if I want to plan a big meal the night before? What do others do that have done these races before? Also wondering how transportation is. We are offsite and will be driving to Epcot the morning of. How early do you suggest arriving? Also how will transportation work getting back to Epcot from ESPN after race? Sorry for so many questions but, ADRs begin for my trip starting tomorrow.

since you are offsite, DEFINITELY plan for much longer transportation time to the race and parking. Roads will be closed and detours set up. You may have to park at somewhere else (not sure if a park would be the best choice) and take a shuttle to the start. Not sure if there will be transportation from the parks to the start. I’d suggest you check with RunDisney to be sure.

Buses at the resorts start running at 4am. So I would imagine you’d need to get there around the same time.

Thanks so much for the info. this is all I can find on runDisney site.

Directions to Epcot® (5K, 10K, and Half Marathon)
On Friday, Saturday and Sunday:
Take I-4 to exit 64 (192 West) and follow the signs to Epcot®. THERE WILL BE NO PARKING AT ESPN WIDE WORLD OF SPORTS COMPLEX FOR THE 10K AND HALF MARATHON. Spectators must utilize bus transportation from Epcot to ESPN Wide World of Sports to access viewing locations at the finish line. At 5:00 a.m., spectators can utilize bus transportation from Host Resorts to ESPN Wide World of Sports to access viewing locations at the finish line.

For Guests driving to Epcot® on Saturday and Sunday, EXPECT SIGNIFICANT DELAYS! Roads begin to close as early as 11:00 p.m. on the evenings before
the 10K and Half Marathon

Can’t find info on how driving guest getback to their vehicle.

that talks about spectators.

I would email them asking about details for offsite participants.

Anyone have insight/advice to visitors who are NOT participating in the race but happen to be at the parks this week? ie: Parks to avoid, road closures/travel (we are staying offsite), etc…

Its over before parks open and doesn’t affect them Road closures as above are only affects

Actually, there is also a 1/2 marathon that weekend too and some runners may still be going after the parks are open.

Roads may still be closed and could affect traffic patterns.

If you are visiting and driving in, I would give yourselves an extra 20-30 minutes for travel. And if the runners are still in the parks, please give them the right of way and try not to cross paths in front of them.