Dare I skip Halloween?

Ok folks, count me among the shocked that SWGE will now be open for my trip. I had my heart set on a “low crowd” quiet trip with my littles before the madness of Star Wars arrived. My original dates were 10/19-10/29. Fortunately I have flexibility as there is still DVC availability for me to move things around. With the new crowd calendar, the further I go into October and into the beginning of November the numbers look better and better.

Do I shift to 10/24-11/2? I wouldn’t hesitate except I’m kind of sad to miss Halloween at home! It is hands down our favorite holiday. My kids will be 1 and 4 so I think that perhaps it’s just ME who will miss it the most. But I need to book flights this week so I need to pick dates!! Help…

From a practical standpoint, will there really be a substantial difference leaving 5 days later? But, either way, if you move it to overlap with Halloween, just sign up for MNSSHP on the 31st! What better way to spend Halloween than at WDW :slight_smile:

edit: I planned our last trip around where I could find the lowest CLs. They were estimated to be 1s & 2s. Ended up being 6s & 7s when we were there. Point is, I wouldn’t make major adjustments to your plans to accommodate the lowest CL estimates.

2 Likes

I will be in the World those dates with DS4, DS3, and DD1. At first, I wasn’t sure about this timing. Halloween is also my favorite holiday and I didn’t like the idea of missing out on Trick-or-Treating in my neighborhood. However, I’ve come around to the idea that Trick-or-Treating in the World will be even better. I recommend you try to find out what entertainment your resort might offer on Halloween night. HERE is what I found for the Boardwalk.

We are not doing MNSSHP the night of Halloween because it will be the most crowded (at least one of the most). We are doing the party another night of our trip. So the boys will actually get 2 Halloweens!

1 Like

Note that they have not announced the 2nd phase opening which includes Rise of the Resistance. That will likely change crowd calendars again as people are waiting for that ride and full open.

We love MNSSHP, but dont they move that night time parade and fireworks to the normal park hours that week of Halloween?

1 Like

I have not heard this, and am interested to know if it’s true. If so, does it affect the Fireworks Dessert Party?

I don’t actually think this is true for Halloween, just Christmas parties.

I definitely understand this, so I have really only been trying to calculate based on relative crowds. According to every site I’ve seen, the crowds trend down after Columbus Day and get lighter up until the race weekend and Veteran’s Day. If RotR opens while we are there I’m pretty sure we’ll just skip DHS altogether.

Haha, see, I knew we were planning the same trip! This is pretty much my husband’s attitude as well. I will have to keep digging for the SSR Halloween events.

1 Like

we will be there during Halloween, but we don’t have littles anymore :disappointed_relieved: but i get your concern

1 Like

From a practical standpoint, it actually looks like flying home on a Saturday will get us a later flight which just gives us more Disney time!

And I definitely get the point about not chasing crowd levels, but I am looking at it in a relative direction that most sites have the crowds decreasing as October goes on so I can only just try and capitalize on that.

1 Like

oh gosh i hope not. don’t want to miss HEA that week. i heard they do this for mvmcp the last week

all 3 of us planning same trip, but just me and DH63 :wink: but he has the heart of a 12 year old

2 Likes

Yes i am probably confusing it with Christmas party parade. We did both last year, and i thought one of then did that.

Sorry for the confusion.

1 Like

We can all meet up at Woody’s Lunchbox since that area will just be deserted while all the hoardes are in line for SWGE!

1 Like

:rofl::rofl::rofl: don’t i wish

1 Like

and i think the supposed decreasing crowds is due to most fall breaks are over by then. crowd levels did increase the last week in October yesterday but only at HS and AK. so now my next hope is that phase II of SWGE is after my trip…deja vu

2 Likes

For sure…

We’ll be there 10/25-11/3. I’m excited for SWGE and very excited that there aren’t any 10s in the new crowd calendar for that week. See you all there!

1 Like

Liner party last week of October…