Dangling carrot 45th birthday trip report

We will be leaving for our trip one week from now and, as we will be visiting Universal for the first time, I tied the reveal of the trip to completing the first book of Harry Potter with the kids. We started reading it at the beginning of the summer and I figured we would have completed it a while ago. Alas…we just finished it this afternoon after I had hastily made up a scavenger hunt two days ago for the kids leading to the reveal of the trip. I taped the first clue on the last page of The Sorcerers Stone.
I have blurred the clues for cringe-worthy near rhymes, bad grammar and over use of ellipses…

19 Likes

Ok first off I giggled the whole time reading that. You are so silly and did a really great job with it! I love it and I bet they got a kick out of it! Now I have some questions…

Do you have a squirrel castle?
It’s inside mommy’s WHAT??

11 Likes

Thanks. They love scavenger hunts. In the middle of this one, they were asking to just skip to the end of the second Harry Potter book so they could do the scavenger hunt.
In their suitcases was the final clue and all their WDW detritus (ears, misting fans, bubble wands, trading pin lanyards and fhe like) and they totally missed the point that we were going on vacation in a week and just kept pulling out these things they’ve had for years and saying how cool they were. Kind of anti-climactic, but they eventually caught on.
It is a squirrel baffle (again, terrible rhyming) though my kids call it a bell because they like to “dong” it against the bird feeder pole.
…and mommy’s van

12 Likes

I should also add, all derailments, sailor speak, innuendos and TWSSs welcome in this thread

8 Likes

:rofl: isn’t that always the way it is with big surprises? You work so hard and get so excited and then…

6 Likes

Todays tasks:
-charge new magic bands, update software and then set up the play Disney accounts on my phone for the kids
-online check-in to Disney Hotels (…seems I read I might get an email for UOR HRH online check-in the day before???)
-buy the Universal photo package
-set up BG1 on husbands phone
-traditional annual trip to apple orchard (daughter was a preemie)

16 Likes

Every year we get pictures on the pumpkins

17 Likes

I had planned a similar disclaimer for my own trip opener! :heart:

3 Likes

OMG we have a very similar series of photos!! :heart:

4 Likes

No doubt there will be plenty of things that she said in your thread

5 Likes

Can’t wait to follow along. May have to be after I get home. This will be fun as always

3 Likes

Oooh. I just saw my Landrys card arrived yesterday, not that the physical card is needed. Finally signed up for one of these cards last week as Sept is my birthday month. I had previously read that the 25$ credit for signing up could not be used at the same time as the birthday month credit. However, I immediately downloaded the app after signing up last week and in less than 24 hours, the app showed my account with a 55$ award available. Figured this is good to know if someone decides to sign up at the last minute.

8 Likes

Wow, Mom. You rock!

5 Likes

Thanks. Would have been even better coming from my kids!

4 Likes

It will come.

3 Likes

So disappointed to click and find out a dangling carrot was not what I envisioned.

10 Likes

I’ll explain later…but really, I’m turning 45 and have had two kids. If anything, I should have called a floppy taco trip report

6 Likes

TMI friend TMI

But :rofl:

6 Likes

Actually I think this is the part where we say “Poor Don”

4 Likes

:rofl:

2 Likes