Dance-off, bro: A Distracting Little Live-ish Trip Report

Get kabobs to go and eat them for Sunday lunch?

4 Likes

Oh Katie, you are brilliant. I could bring a cooler. Savannah wants to go over to McKays bookstore after the zoo. Say hi if you go! We are getting there sometime between 9-10 and will be there all morning I am sure.

4 Likes

I absolutely will! I need to check and see what arrival time I made my reservation for. And look at the hispanic festival menus to see what delicious things I want to try :smile:

4 Likes

Such a great follow. Inspired to do a trip someday just with DW. Thanks for the great example!!!

4 Likes

It’s meh. YMMV

2 Likes

Have a safe journey home! Thanks for the TR!

4 Likes

Yeah… I haven’t tried making one yet, but i REALLY enjoy ordering them out. And I would favor more Arab/Middle Eastern flavors too!

4 Likes

It has been said: @OBNurseNH knows the way.

7 Likes

So much fun following along on your trip! Thanks for sharing with us.

2 Likes

There is no maybe about it. It’s like fancy, upscale Cracker Barrel.

7 Likes

Next time - I swear! (probably)

1 Like

At best.

1 Like

I know you’re saying that like it’s a bad thing - but you are so wrong. :stuck_out_tongue:

3 Likes

Great report. Looks like you had tons of fun. I enjoyed following along as always :blush:

2 Likes

Nah, Cracker Barrel at least lives up to its “hype”! The price is semi-reasonable for what you get.

1 Like

It’s dangerous to even include Cracker Barrel in a sentence with Homecomin’. I have been severely disappointed in cracker barrel the last few times I’ve been there. Homecomin’ is divine.

8 Likes

Um, that’s not really selling it dude.

FIFY

3 Likes

This implies that you had expectations higher than “edible food, nice toilets” going in. That’s your first mistake.

2 Likes

I used to think the food was pretty good. In the last 5 years or so I feel like the quality has declined. I don’t ask for much, just food that isn’t stale or burnt.

5 Likes

Flight into Chicago was pretty smooth except for the descent. This “direct flight” (stop, no plane change) had to de-plane and we had to make our way over to an entirely different terminal and now we’re getting ready to re-board. Interestingly, our crew came with us to get on this new plane in this new terminal. Fortunately we are boarding first ahead of everyone else as we should have still been on board. We are delayed by about 30 minutes getting out of here which means we will be home sometime after midnight

10 Likes