DAH at AK - 2020

Yeah, I chose E-tickets from UT at the time to avoid having to look for something in the mail, not thinking about any of these next-level planning scenarios yet.

A downside to using dummy profiles is that they’ll be on my Family & Friends list the day I have to get a RotR BG, so I can’t just do Select All. An entire dummy MDE would have worked better for this purpose, but that option was gone when I linked the tickets. From what I’ve seen, that can’t be undone.

I was going through the process of creating a separate MDE profile to assign the DAH tickets to last night when I came to the same realization…do I want to risk losing out on ROTR by slowing down the BG process with the cluttered list just to get a FP for KS?

I am wondering if, by transferring the DAH tickets to the separate MDE profile, however, if I can then “unshare” plans so that it won’t matter. The reason I think this might be possible is when I was looking from my main MDE account at how you transfer the DAH passes, I noticed that the ones I had transferred to my DS and DDIL in their OWN MDE account, I could no longer perform the transfer for them. I think they have to transfer the pass themselves.

This leads me to think that if I transfer the DAH tickets to the other MDE profile, my main MDE profile will no longer have the ability to control those passes. If so, I can then “unshare” plans so that it won’t interfere with the ROTR ticket grab.

I’m not 100% certain, however. So, I have to first get my DS to link up with my secondary MDE account to see if it allows him to transfer the DAH.

I went first week of February and it was great. Crowds are barren, and starting at park close, you could immediately enter the lines (8:00 for us with 9:00 start). Also, snacks started coming out at certain places at 8:00.

We started at EE and the concession stand on the way to the middle of the park there was already handing out treats.

My main goal for AK DAH was FoP for the line queue, not the ride. I’ve been on it a bunch, but always with FP so always missed the queue line. They were only letting people in the FP lane and had closed the main line queue which bummed me out. We went inside to where they split you into the various groups and asked if they had anyone that could walk around with us in the queue. The cast member called for someone who was very excited to walk the queue with us.

Walking through these areas with no one else was very cool. There are not a lot of rides compared to MK DAH, so if 1-2 don’t look interesting to you… it may not be a good value.

3 Likes

It was a bit of a headache getting the separate account set up and linked, and there were some obvious bugs along the way on Disney’s end, but eventually got it set up now. I have a separate MDE only for DAH.

One thing I wondered, though. With Memory Maker, since that is tied to our MBs, and we will be talking in using the other account using hard tickets, will our MBs work for photopass still? Anyone know?

Yes, your MBs will work for photopass even when entering with a ticket on a separate MDE. I have done this several times.

Very good. That was my one concern. Thanks!

1 Like

I got a separate MDE set up only for DAH now as well. I created the other MDE with the necessary profiles, invited from my primary account to link, and then all were on my primary Friends & Family list from where I could reassign the DAH tickets. Once reassigned, I unlinked, picked up a KS FP for 6:55 on the new account, cancelled the KS FP on the primary MDE, and removed the extra profiles from each F&F list. Now everything is in order, and I just have to pick up RFID cards for the DAH tickets sometime during the trip since I purchased as E-tickets. My primary MDE can use “select all” for RotR BG. Thanks to @ryan1 for explaining what he did and reminding me this rearranging was possible. I had been stuck thinking I had to actually unlink the tickets from MDE entirely and then link to the other MDE, to which Disney had told me you cannot unlink tickets once linked. But reassigning across linked MDE’s does work for any unused tickets not part of a package. If this saves me even 30 minutes in the KS line (probably more) it’s definitely worth it given I only get 5 hours in AK.

That’s really the entire reason for doing this.

Looking at the other FP options at AK, there seems little point…everything else we want will be part of the DAH event itself.

One exception is KRR…but I don’t think I want to ride it and then enter into DAH soaking wet.

Anyhow, it sounds like you were able to unlink the accounts for the benefit of ROTR. I guess I can do the same, then! I was just preparing myself for having to be super quick on tapping which guests to include. (I made sure the icons for the DAH guests were all the same, and unique from my main account so that I could immediately tell to skip them.

Curious how you actually did this. I went into my DAH MDE account and set it to make the list private, but the guests from this account still show up in my main account.

There must be another way to remove the DAH profiles from my main MDE account.

Oh, nevermind. I figured it out. The change didn’t show up right away, but after I logged out and logged back in, I could see everything correctly now.

I originally purchased my DAH tickets on my main account but have since created a dummy account and linked. Can I transfer/reassign these tickets and create fast passes without messing up my main account? If so, does it matter what time I create the fast passes?

Once the accounts are fully linked you can reassign the tickets. After that, you can set both accounts back to private and remove the profiles from the other account if you want to keep totally separate. For FP, it recognizes a DAH ticket the same as a normal park ticket and would let you book up to 3 anytime during regular park hours, but of course you have to be allowed into the park in order to use them.

Thank you so much for sharing your recent experience and pictures! The lab portion of the queue was something my family was looking forward to as well, so hopefully we will also be able to go in.

What is the best way to get to DAH AK? We have a car and are staying at the Swan so I think we can drive and not pay to park. But is it easy enough to get an uber or lyft later at night? We probably won’t stay till midnight, but maybe 10:30-11.

We stayed until midnight. We could get a Lyft in 1 min, but the prices were doubled. We decided to do Uber and had a 8 min wait. There were severe thunderstorms rolling through at that time for us which may explain the longer Uber wait.

If your leaving even 10 mins before, probably little to no wait. Just have to get in before the wave of people requesting.

Our longest ride share wait was that 8 min. Even a 6 am early day only had a 4 min wait. I learned quickly… don’t request as your leaving the park, request when your outside the gate.