D23 September 2022

I am going to have to tag this sad announcement for when @sanstitre_has_left_the_building returns.

2 Likes

Hmmmm, I am resale so I have no idea. But if it is, I finally have a reason to buy direct.

2 Likes

I will tag @mousematt just in case he is ā€œno longer doneā€.

4 Likes

7 Likes

Good plan. I am sad for him to miss it during his April trip. And honestly glad I saw it in December.

3 Likes

I have plans for it to be moved to AK :wink:

2 Likes

Yikes just reusing old shows. I think they need more to bring people back in the next few years!

2 Likes

The issue is that since they are changing the infrastructure between Harmonious and the new show, it will take several months. And so they need something in the meantime, and Epcot Forever made the most sense. Itā€™s just an interim show while they do the infrastructure work needed between shows.

So Epcot Forever will be there for 6 months, and then something new in the fallā€¦

3 Likes

So Iā€™m actually kind of glad because Iā€™ve never seen EF in person, and Iā€™ll be there in April (hopefully). I know itā€™s not the best show, but Iā€™d still be interested in seeing itā€¦ But it will basically be a show for 6 months.

3 Likes

For the jokes about being called forever, but also being a limited run, it looks like it really might be here forever as a series of limited runs.

9 Likes

:joy: so interim Epcot forever

8 Likes

Ok I just realized the jet skis were in EF first then went to Kite Tails and now will go back to EF! :rofl:

7 Likes

Omg yes!!

3 Likes

I actually liked Epcot Forever. More than harmonious. The stargate and tacos are so off putting and hearing the classic music themes was nice(until they threw in ā€œa whole new worldā€ anyway).

Plus it was a show that didnā€™t rely on projections or Jumbotrons, so thatā€™s already a win in my book. Iā€™m hating the trend that Disney keeps focusing on projections more than fireworks, but I get Iā€™m the minority in that respect. But I much prefer not having to worry about the height of the people in front or behind me and just be able to look up.

5 Likes

Okay that makes more sense!

1 Like

I think I prefer projections to fireworksā€¦but only if the projections are cool and differentā€¦not simply images/characters taken from movies that I can just watch at home on my television.

1 Like

For ā€œentertainment ā€œ, sureā€¦ projections winā€¦but it doesnā€™t address my point/problem which you skipped over: you canā€™t see it because youā€™re too short/a little kid, or in a wheelchair or ecv.

No one ever addresses this, except ā€œbuy special seating on top of an expensive ticketā€ or ā€œwaste a great amount of park time to steak out a spot which will likely have to fight for as the showtime gets closerā€

5 Likes

Totally valid. I skipped over it because I mostly dislike fireworks. Due to noise. I hate loud sounds. I wish they could make them quieter.

2 Likes

And that can be addressed by recommending ear phones/plugs that can dial in exactly how much noise youā€™re comfortable with. Can either be over the ear or in ear.

And those are waaay cheaper than any dining party :wink:

3 Likes

Butā€¦then I canā€™t hear the music!

1 Like