When I optimize my personalized touring plan for Disneyland Park, it schedules me to pull FastPasses for my party while I already hold FPs for another attraction (and before 2 hours have passed).
For example, it prompts me to obtain FPs for Splash Mountain at 8:49 am and then for Haunted Mansion at 9:33 am, before I use the previous FPs for Splash Mountain. My understanding is that MaxPass will not let me get these second FPs when I already hold other FPs unless two hours have passed since getting the first FPs.
Anyone else running into to this? How did you resolve it?
The two hour window is for paper fp and it is 90 minutes for MP, but you want to note when you pull the fp or max pass what time you can pull another pass. It may not always be 2/1.5 hours, especially earlier in the day. If you go on YouTube there are tons of good videos that walk you through the process and can help it not feel so daunting. All that said, TP are more guides at DL, especially with MP. Chances you are going to accomplish tons more (and faster) than what the plan thinks. TP cannot correctly predict what times MPs will be. There are just too many variables. I create a touring plan for each of my trips, but it really ends up being a guide rather than a hard and fast plan. I have had instances where I have held 3 MPs at once (some have reported holding more). The key is to set an alarm on your phone so you know what time you can pull the next one.
Staying on top of what time it tells you to book your next FP is definitely the key to maximizing your FPs as you can potentially pull as FP way more often than 2 hrs. Loosely (although with MaxPass being new it’s still not set in stone), but loosely here is what I have found for when you can pull your next FP:
- If your most recently pulled FP is valid 0-29 min from when you pulled it > you’ll be eligible to pull your next FP in 30 min OR once you’ve scanned into the FP whichever comes first. (If you are using MaxPass then the added benefit to it is that you can be selecting your next FP while in the FP line meaning you could pull a FP that’s immediately valid > scan in & then immediately pick your next FP within minutes Someone not using MaxPass, even though they are technically eligible to pull their next FP has to wait until they done with the FP attraction & then proceed to the physical kiosk to get their next FP).
- If your most recently pulled FP is valid 30-89 min from when you pulled it > you’ll be eligible to pull your next FP as soon as the FP window begins regardless of you scanning into your next FP.
- If you are using MaxPass and your most recently pulled FP is valid 90+ min from when you pull it, you’ll be eligible to pull your next FP in 90 min regardless of when the FP return window is.
- If you are NOT using MaxPass and your most recently pulled FP is valid 90-119 min from when you pull it you’ll eligible to pull your next FP as soon as the window begins regardless of scanning into your next FP.
- If you are NOT using MaxPass and your most recently pulled FP is valid 120+ min from when you pull it you’ll be eligible for pull your next FP in 120 min regardless of when the FP return window is.
Bottom line, as @carthy15 said, just keep track of when you can next get a FP (the reminder ticket that spits out from the physical kiosk will tell you as will the app if you are using MaxPass- also even if you are not using MaxPass, if you link your ticket media to your DL app you will still be able to see your FPs on the app & when you can make your next FP, you just won’t be able to actually make any FP reservations on your phone).
This info is very helpful! I was obsessing over the plan and didn’t realize I could pull another MaxPass as soon as I was in the window for the previous one and could hold multiple FastPasses at once. Thank you so much!