Custom Plan with Rope Drop/Park Hop?

I am using the custom plans on the site, but it doesnt seem that they support a rope drop option. RoR and pandora show huge wait times and throw the entire rest of the plan off. But if we rope drop we should get on quickly right? Resort guest, btw. Am I missing something here? Any way to make the plan understand the rope drop?

Ditto for park hopping. I suppose just having a second plan beginning post-2pm does the trick here. So not as big a deal.

Thanks,
Bill

1 Like

Welcome!

TP assumes you will be in the “middle” of the RD crowd and is adjusting waits to that. If they predicted everyone would wake up and be at the entrance an hour before open then the waits would be off in that way. (because most people really don’t) It’s a catch-22 for them, so they err on the side of caution.

RotR and FoP (Pandora) wait really do skyrocket at RD. It’s actually better to avoid those rides at that time as the wait will consistently be long no matter what time of day. You can do 3 - 5 other attractions at RD in the time it takes to wait in either of those queues first thing in the morning. However, those 3 - 5 attractions will have much longer queues within 90 minutes of park opening.

The “workaround” for this is to put in a meal at a location next to the attraction you first want to visit at the time you predict you’ll arrive at those attractions and about how much time you calculate you’ll be there. (Kat Saka’s Kettle / Pongu Pongu)

Correct. There is no way to have a single plan that incorporates more than one park. You’ll make your morning plan and then start a new plan for the second park at the time you hope to arrive.

I tried plans with RoTR at rope drop. It didn’t work and it was completely incorrect. We were in the middle of the pack too. RoTR opened at 7:45am 2 weeks ago and we were done by 8:30am. I believe it is the only attraction that opens that early, although I think they open MFSR soon after. I would just take that out of your plan and start with you second attraction at 8:30.

With FOP, we were not at the front of the pack either and the line continuously moved. (We also weren’t way back at the end of the pack). I believe they did let us back a little early and we were done with that by just before 8am with an 8am opening time. We did all the attractions we wanted by about 11:30, including KS, EE, the wildlife train and Dinosaur.

1 Like

Thanks to both for great input! I think I will use the fake meal trick to hopefully get the times more accurate. We are going in Jan and expect reasonably low crowds, but the waits for RotR and FoP were definitely a concern. Will report back with a debrief.

Thanks,
Bill

2 Likes