Current character dining?

What are (if any) the character dining options in resorts at present? Is Storybook Dining at Artist Point running?

Thank you.

Chef Mickey’s, Topolino’s breakfast, and Artist Point I believe are the only resort character meals happening currently.

1 Like

Tusker House and Hollywood & Vine also.

1 Like

Tusker House is in Animal Kingdom Park.

Hollywood & Vine are in Disney’s Hollywood Studios.

Garden Grill (my favorite,) is in Epcot, and Cinderella’s Royal Table is in Magic Kingdom.

The only other hotel resort character dining not listed in this thread is the location at Four Seasons. Right now you need to be a guest at that hotel to attend that one.

3 Likes

Reading is fundamental :woman_facepalming:

2 Likes

But Tusker has House right in the name.
And the animals live there.
That’s pretty much a resort on that basis alone… like honorary resort status. Just sayin’

4 Likes

It’s OK. In your eagerness to help you just missed that I’m looking outside the parks. We are hoping to have a universal trip in May, and I have thousands and thousands of Disney dollars and thought maybe we might do a character meal

4 Likes

wow. Character meal?
For 1000s of dollars, they’d probably let you make a meal out of the character.

4 Likes

Storybook dining at artist point was absolutely in our top three experiences at Disney ever. I suppose they are still extremely difficult to come by especially without resort stay.

Is it mostly back to normal does anyone know?

1 Like

We are a big family and we charge everything. We also moved this summer and charged exorbitant amounts of things on our credit card that the relocation company then reimbursed us for. Historically we use all of our Disney reward dollars for dining on vacation, but we don’t have any vacations to Disney planned. But universal is oh-so-close.

3 Likes

I haven’t seen any reports of anyone dining there recently.

1 Like

Well…. IF I GO I’d for sure report back :heart: :heart: :heart_decoration::heart_decoration:

2 Likes

Artist Point dinner may have to be booked right at 70 days out for the number in your family. For reference, I did a leading reservation to see what I could get around our UOR trip period, but not the full 10 days, maybe 6 or 7, and there was one slot available for just 2 people at that point.

There are a few recent reviews on YouTube since it reopened. My wife is dying to go there at some point.

1 Like

I have heard Artist Point has the best character interactions since Covid. TP posted yesterday to aim for the earliest dinner reservation to receive the optimal character interaction.

2 Likes

Oh yeah, forgot about the credit card reward thing.
And here I was thinking of a pool of the old Disney Dollars which were like paper gift certificates.

1 Like

Yes - my party size is painfully large for stuff like this. Though I am sure my boys don’t care an iota, my girls would love Daddy to visit. So that would still make us a party of 6. Seven if grandma came.

I wonder if I could book a resort stay. Then adjust. Oh. My. Stars. I’m sounding like a nut job again. HAHAHAHAHA

3 Likes

We went a couple of weeks ago. I had never been before COVID.

The characters all walk around similar to other character meals where they talk at you from a distance and will pose for pics but not sign things or hug. Including the Queen, there isn’t the separate room meet and greet anymore she just walks around through the restaurant. The interactions were OK, Queen and Snow were in character. Dwarves were funny. It all is based on the crowd around you though and there was only 1 other table that actually talked to the characters besides us, most just waved and took a picture which makes the characters take less time I think. (I noticed this other places too. We were legit the only ones who talked to Mickey in the Town Hall Theatre, everyone ahead of us just posed for a pic and waved… poor Mickey!)

We had an 8:40 dinner which must have been one of the last seatings because it was pretty empty by the time we left. They seated us probably 10-15 mins late. The Queen was making rounds when we got there (she is the last to go through, Snow first then both dwarves together). They came through once during our meal, and then did a song. Just mentioning in case you were hoping for multiple meets.

It was a one and done for us. Food was pretty good, we got a bottle of wine but they were out of two of the wines we tried to order which I thought was weird for such a limited list. I just think the per child price is too expensive (and DD’s steak was tough) and is what really drives the cost since most kids meals everywhere else are less than half the price (plus we don’t normally order dessert so for us that’s not a value to have that included in the adult price). We liked Steakhouse 71 better, was much cheaper and food was excellent, and didn’t include payment for extraneous stuff since it is a La carte.

For perspective, we love Chef Mickeys and I will pay for that every trip. We did Be Our Guest and liked it too (maybe not for a second time but fine to try once), but you are paying for the food not the character interaction there.

3 Likes

Thank you for sharing your experience!!!

It sounds like too little of the pre-lockdown experience for the cost. It was too expensive WITH all the fun exchanges, but without them it would be wholly disappointing!

Maybe I should look at Chef Mickey’s. We have fond memories of our visit in 2011 - those of us who can remember it. Do you have much of an interaction with characters yet? Did you go there this past trip?

1 Like

I will sing Tolopino’s praise to you alllll day.

4 Likes

I went to CM in July and the characters were great. They really made sure to get lined up in just the right spot for each table to get pictures. I think sometimes the inaction is based on the cms themselves just as much as the interactions from nearby tables. I went for a late brunch and really enjoyed it.

1 Like