Curious how other Liners feel about this issue I had CRT

Excellent advice. I often will write the email that I want to write, before I write the email I actually send, just to get through those feelings, before I send something off.

3 Likes

I must tell you that we had the same issue at CRT last month. They had my husband move his chair a bit, which seemed to get him out of the line of fire. It did not seem like it was a new issue.

1 Like

Do you remember what date you were there? I wonder if it was the same day. We were there for dinner on Thursday October 24.

Why don’t they get a deck style umbrella for the decor so people won’t be dripped on. It sounds like an on-going problem.

2 Likes

I had the exact same scenario at a Japanese restaurant (Teppanyaki) a few months ago. However it appeared to be coming from the sprinkler system rather than the a/c. We were slightly moved as well and in our situation it didn’t help either. We were given 20% off our bill as well. I was fine with that, but I think I would have had a harder time with your situation. I like the suggestion of noting the previous situation in your reservation for next time and then making them aware at check in.

2 Likes

I believe you people would not complain if they lit your kid on fire. I absolutely would have insisted on another table, and also spoken to management about getting that table taken offline. Somebody at that restaurant clearly knows that’s an ongoing problem. Those meals are way too expensive to sit there and get rained on by God knows what kind of water.
As for the person who said a server spilled a cup of hot coffee on their FOUR YEAR OLD??!! I too was a server, and grew up in the restaurant business. Your whole table should have been comped. “He was ok after the redness went away” ???!!!
People are always ready to make excuses for Disney. It’s a business, and a luxury one at that. That level of service is unacceptable.

7 Likes

We were there on Friday October 25.

I don’t make excuses for Disney, but I absolutely hate confrontation. Literally, it makes me ill. I will do anything and everything to avoid it (and my husband, who is quick to complain has been trained likewise not to because of the effect is has on me). I shared my example where I didn’t complain, and I most likely would not have in this scenario either. The toll it takes on me is too much. But I also will never go back after an experience like the OP unfortunately.

That being said, you do something to my kid, I will get over it and you will meet the full fury of what has been brewing from all these instances where I have kept quiet! As the Vice Principal at my son’s school found out recently when my son was essentially assaulted on the school bus. I may have been crying the whole time, but I got my say out and continue to push on a daily basis for resolution. Nobody messes with my son…

5 Likes

Not unreasonable at all. It’s one thing if that were to happen at the Bojangles down the street at home, but for the price you’re paying for CRT, no way should you have to put up with that. You should have been comped your meal.

1 Like

Agree with this and the rest of your post 100%!

3 Likes

Disagree. Comping the meal would be reasonable.
$250 plus tax and tip to be dripped on? No way!

1 Like

I would write Guest Services. I’m VP of Customer Service for a company and I would want to know if any of my clients were having a terrible experience so we could be sure to fix it. The fact that there was a table that should have not been used for any customer that they repeatedly sat people at (I mean - two people on this thread had the same problem!) is a huge issue and a failure of management at the restaurant. I would want to know.

3 Likes

I would be super upset!

CRT is more expensive than any meal I have ever had in my life, for it to have AC fluid dripping just doesn’t make sense.

Their operations shouldn’t be so fragile that taking a table offline would have a large impact for guests. From the report it looks like this is a location known to them to have this problem, they didn’t verify it was solved before seating new people there.

I don’t think this is the CM’s fault, or even the manager’s fault. But this looks like a systemic issue. They charge enough that they could still make a large profit even if they had more staff - so someone would have time to verify conditions.And they could also afford not to be 100% filled all the time, so they would have some flexibility in case something like this goes wrong. Instead they keep the place 100% filled with no margin for error and the staff doesn’t have any spare time, that is just not compatible with the price.

Of course, it is still dining with princesses inside the iconic castle, so it still gets completely booked at 180 days, even with the price, even with problems, so there is no direct monetary incentive to do any different.

1 Like

A drop every 20-30 seconds is easily verifiable. A drop every 5 minutes, not so much, so I don’t perceive any malice here, even at those obscene prices, but they did compensate you, and what the waiter & manager offered was entirely reasonable. The 1-year old will not remember it, and the 4-year old might barely remember it, if at all. So no harm, no foul. If they were older, it would have been a great opportunity to teach them patience. :wink:

Now, if they seated someone at that table after you, after knowing about the issue, that would be a problem.

1 Like