Curious how “crowded” the parks feel

Curious how crowded the parks feel. We’re going December 16-23 and have no sense of what it is like right now. Thanks

1 Like

Welcome! There are a few live reports that you could read to get a feel for crowds. Here’s a few pictures of MK this past Friday evening

It felt crowded to us. Wait times were 30-50 min for all rides.

3 Likes

Thank you. You mentioned some live reports? How do I access those?

1 Like

On the menu, sort by “latest”

This will keep you up to date with the most recent posts and topics across the forum, including trip reports.

1 Like

Not that much social distancing.

1 Like

This one is currently live: Dreamer and Daughters Do Disney—An attempt at a live trip report

And another currently live report:

And a number of people on here have upcoming trips, which I’m sure they will share! :heart_eyes:

2 Likes

There is also a sub category under Walt Disney World “trip reports”.

2 Likes

I’ve been to answer because we are here right now. Honestly the weekend at Epcot and HS did not seem bad. Today MK feels more crowded. I’m guessing because it’s getting closer to the holiday. I would expect December to be similar.

1 Like

We were at EC today, just WS and it really didn’t feel crowded but it also was the only park with availability. Typical congested areas around Mexico and Norway. I’m planning to post more about the Norwegian bakery later.

3 Likes

I think there is a difference between long lines and “feels crowded.” We were there October 18-25 and it did not feel “crowded” at all. Yes, we waited in lines, but the ride vehicles were (for the most part) running half full! We got entire Skyliner and monorail cars to ourselves. The few restaurants we ate in felt downright empty. The pool closed to “capacity” and I would guess 60% of seats were occupied at the most.

Obviously specific, small areas might feel crowded at certain points in the day and people definitely don’t maintain physical distance in all circumstances, but I can’t say that it felt crowded in any respect.

There are pretty much daily videos on youtube of vloggers waking the parks, you can some sort of an idea fron those

1 Like