Cunning plan (+ DME question)

Don’t go there…

4 Likes

All international flights get a 4 hr pick up.

1 Like

That doesn’t work for international flights though, unfortunately. Even if you fly via a US Hub airport.

1 Like

Well after all the drama and excitement, I’ve made a decision . . . you might not like it! . . .

I’m going to stay at Universal on my last night, so I can redo my favourite rides on departure day. I got the cheapest room I could find.

But I’m going to use @OBNurseNH’s “trick” — I’ll leave my luggage at the Contemporary that morning, so I can go straight to Universal that night. I’m having lunch at the Contemporary, so I’ll be there “legitimately”.

9 Likes

You didn’t really think that would be the end of it, did you? I thought you knew me better than that!

Obviously I’ve completely changed my plans. Well, it has been 24 hours!

I’ve cancelled Universal and I’m now staying my last night at Beach Club. I’ll get my 60 days FPP, and DME, and no last day luggage worries.

I’m having dinner at Monsieur Paul on my last night, then I’ll watch IllumiNations before casually strolling over to my hotel :slight_smile:

Ironically, I’m not actually that sure what I’m going to do on my last day! I’m currently booked into Garden Grill for breakfast, then I’m hoping to FPP Soarin’. And then, er, . . .

But if Toy Story Land is open, I might rope drop DHS . . .

6 Likes

We did a preRD ADR at Garden Grill, then we were able to walk on Soarin’, could have actually ridden again at a 15 minute standby. That would free up FPP for TSL, if it’s open.

2 Likes

But only 60 days from check-in which on your last night would not be useful. I’m confused.

Otherwise sounds like a fantastic plan for your last night - some of my favorite bucket list items there - beach club and msr paul!

According to @PrincipalTinker once the 60 day window opens for my stay (and the end of my holiday) FPPs will open up for the days before I arrive at the hotel, i.e. the beginning of my holiday. So I’ll get FPPs at Day 57 for my first day in the WDW parks.

1 Like

Yes, I agree with @PrincipalTinker.

This only works because @profmatt has tickets separate from his resort stay. If you have a package where the tickets are linked to your stay, those earlier days do not open up.

And you will get a rolling window for the rest of your days too. I’ve just posted in another thread about that.

As you are (for now at least :wink:) staying at BC then make sure you give yourself time at Stormalong Bay. An afternoon before hitting Epcot in the evening for dinner perhaps?

2 Likes

I did buy the park tickets direct from Disney and they’re in my MDE. But the hotel stay was booked in a separate transaction. So I hope that still works.

Are you rudely suggesting that I’m the sort of person who would make a reservation one day, and then cancel it the next? How offensive.

Checks “Deleted e-mails” folder.

Sees 71 ADR cancellation e-mails.

And one from Universal Cabana Bay.

Decides to change subject and hope nobody notices.

Yes, that’s my plan (for now at least :stuck_out_tongue_closed_eyes:). One of my goals for this trip is to visit hotels — I’ve got the Grand Floridian with my Narcoosee’s dinner, Contemporary with CG, so now Beach Club and Yacht club.

So I’ll check-in at 3pm. Explore a bit. Do Stormalong Bay and then head over to Monsieur Paul for dinner and a relaxed stroll around World Showcase after IllumiNations before heading “home” :smile:

5 Likes

Yes to your ticket question. You don’t have a resort and tickets package from Disney, so all will work.

And I unreservedly apologise for being so offensive. I truly hope you will forgive me for making such an insinuation … Wait, 71 cancellations? I’m tempted to take back my apology!

:rofl: :rofl:

4 Likes

It’s a great plan. The free transportation to the airport will save you money, and having a room you can walk to will make your last night and day so relaxing.

The vast majority of visitors get FP at day 30 or the day they arrive, so even a slightly delayed head start on booking FP will help. Don’t despair if you don’t get a few of the hottest FPs at perfect times when your days open up. You’ll get them eventually, especially since finding them for one person is much easier. Hunting for FPs is part of the planning fun!

1 Like