Crystal Palace for breakfast and 7DMT

Hi All,

Perhaps everyone knows this, but I thought I would just put it out there for anyone who did not know this (including yours truly until Friday morning) that an early ADR at Crystal Palace before opening does not get you an advantage when trying to get anywhere in the park (or at least to Mine Train). We did not have Fast Passes for 7DMT on Friday (we did on Tuesday, however), and we thought that since we would have a bit of a head start from the rope drop people, we could get a jump on getting to 7DMT before the masses. I was quite wrong. We were done with breakfast by 8:50, but the CM’s held us at the bridge near 7DMT until the entire mass of people entering the park were honestly on our heels - it was not unlike being trampled by an unruly soccer crowd in Europe. We were quickly enveloped in a sea of people rushing to get to Mine Train, only being held back by the group of CM’s at the front. Because we had a stroller, we were quickly overtaken. And, people were downright rude, practically running us over to get ahead. If you are hoping to get to 7DMT early with no FP, I think your best bet is an 8:05 at BOG, because you will be much closer to your target. We did get on the ride with only a few minutes wait, but I feared for my life and that of my children for a few seconds! Don’t get me wrong - the breakfast at CP was awesome and we loved seeing all the characters, but it shouldn’t be used solely to get to a prime spot, especially Mine Train (I can’t speak for what happens when you go toward the castle to get to Anna and Elsa), Hope this can help someone avoid the panic!

1 Like

There should be no expectations that an in park reopening ADR is a head start to any attraction. This has been repeatedly mentioned in chat. Folks are always held close to the restaurants in all the parks until the Rope Drop crowd approaches. If indeed guests who finished early could go wandering and start to line up, folks would order a juice, chug it and head out and the the turnstile folks would erupt.

1 Like

It’s exciting when there is something new, but 7DMT is a really lame ride. It’s best when enjoyed slowly and during it’s best lighting which is at night. The AM rush to get there is silly - all that time wasted dealing with a too short ride, when other rides are wide open and walk-ons.

Not always best to follow the crowd.

4 Likes

@MagicMN is spot-on. While we did not have pre RD ADRs, we were first at the rope at both our MK days last week.
Yes, the crowd was very rude and pushy. Fortunately we ditched them quickly by turning right at Tomorrowland and rode Space x2 then headed to Splash and BTMRR and had all of those done within the first hour. Beats the heck out of a stampede to a two minute ride that is way way better at night.
In my opinion, anyway.
No. The crowd is not always right.

4 Likes

Next time we will try it at night. My 4 year old loved it, so that is why we tried to go with the crowd. He never could have lasted in a 60 minute line. It ended up being a good decision, however, because afterwards we headed over to Splash and BTMRR, and the latter was closed until 2 pm that day, so I am glad we did not rush over there first thing only to find a nonoperational ride. I have heard many people who thought 7DMT was not great, but my family really did enjoy it, although I definitely prefer BTMRR. Thanks for the info!

Thanks for the tip @Ellen_Jones. We had a pre-rd adr at Crystal Palace last week, but chose to go to tomorrowland first. I am sure others will find this helpful :smile: